Thread to love Roxy Music

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 28 Feb 2011, 20:15

...actually, I don't love 'em. I really want to, though; I have nothing against them, but I can't find it in me to love them. Whenever I listen to "For Your Pleasure," I think, "Damn, this is great," but then I have no inclination to play it again, no better-than-sex feelings like I get with Suede. "Avalon" sounds great, sexy and sweet, but again, it leaves me emotionally cold. Bryan Ferry sounds cool as fuck and the band is tight, but there's something missing...am I alone here?



...if so, can someone help me love them?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby mark » 01 Mar 2011, 11:03

No you're not alone... Roxy Music are ok but don't do anything for me especially...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 02 Mar 2011, 13:38

Phew!

I hear that for maximum effect, "Avalon" needs to be heard when you're making out with a hot person of your preferred gender...maybe I'll have to give that a try...


If only.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby mark » 02 Mar 2011, 16:36

Remind us, what's your preferred gender again???!!! :P

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 02 Mar 2011, 17:53

Care to take a guess?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby mark » 03 Mar 2011, 10:23

chicks with dicks???!!!... transsexuals.... :mrgreen: That's first choice and you are slowly coming round to the gay way too I believe???!!!... :shock: :D

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 03 Mar 2011, 13:44

Are chicks with dicks considered a gender?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby mark » 04 Mar 2011, 11:20

yep... an unknown gender - a mixture of male and female in all it's glory... hey if I tune into my feminine side maybe we could still get something going on!!!!... :D

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 04 Mar 2011, 13:21

I don't care about your emotions; I just care about your body. And right now, it has all the wrong parts.


::Smirk::
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby mark » 04 Mar 2011, 15:09

:( :cry: wow, fuck!!!... :( You've really dropped me from a great, great height this time!!!!... god, you only want me for my body and it isn't the right type!!!! :( hope is officially dead now.... :(

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 04 Mar 2011, 16:52

I'm an ordinary man.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

sunshine
Flight attendant
Posts: 7230
Joined: 14 Feb 2002, 01:00

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby sunshine » 04 Mar 2011, 19:48

vulgar

some albino
Passenger (Business Class)
Posts: 285
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Belgium

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby some albino » 05 Mar 2011, 17:57

Coming back on topic, Roxy Music mark 1 is the coolest band ever. I reckon they are not that passionate as Suede, but a song like Same old scene is just a glittering piece of music. While Suede is about having sex, Roxy Music is more about being sexy, to come back to how the topic degenarated. :wink:

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby mark » 05 Mar 2011, 18:51

Well yeah, I can appreciate that Roxy Music were sexy but your point is spot on SA - they never came across as very passionate, they were always like 'playing it cool' but maybe that was part of their charm too... I've just never really been much of a huge Bryan Ferry fan!!!!... He's ok I guess...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Thread to love Roxy Music

Postby SoGone » 13 Mar 2011, 11:50

mark wrote:Well yeah, I can appreciate that Roxy Music were sexy but your point is spot on SA - they never came across as very passionate, they were always like 'playing it cool' but maybe that was part of their charm too... I've just never really been much of a huge Bryan Ferry fan!!!!... He's ok I guess...



I think one of my main problems with For Your Pleasure is Eno...I've never liked Eno and tend to blame him for side 2 of "Remain In Light." And like you, I got the "Roxy was cool" bit, but it never translated to passion to me.

Ferry's one of those guys with a voice and attitude that I love on paper but not so much in practice...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!


Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests