"Hatful Of Hollow"

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

"Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 09 Jul 2011, 03:29

I dunno, I just felt like talking about this release. Anyone up for it?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 09 Jul 2011, 03:32

You can talk about it.... but i've actually only got the Smiths singles collection album but go for it dear!!!...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 09 Jul 2011, 03:32

...I mean, it's not even my favorite Smiths CD. TQID and LTB are better. Combine side 2 of the debut and the best tracks from Strangeways, and you have their third best album. And these days, I'm in a Psychocandy mood. But I still feel like talking about HOH. I don't know why. Moz has a strange power over people, you know. He can make them do (or want to do) odd, irrational things.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 09 Jul 2011, 03:35

It's not much fun talking about it on my own, though. Then it's just me going on about how this version of "Reel Around The Fountain" is the best Smiths performance ever...and I'm not just talking about that particular song, I mean any performance of any given song they ever chose to tackle. And then blabbering on about how the album version of "Hand In Glove" is zippier, but the HOH/single mix is paradoxically sadder and more uplifting...and how "Handsome Devil" is on one hand a dreadful, nearly unlistenable song, and then on the other hand, it's a classic Smiths belter...

And how the ultimate version of Please Please Please would be the Smiths doing the Dream Academy's arrangement.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 09 Jul 2011, 03:38

Nice!!! :D Well, I haven't much of a clue about what you're talking about but I liked it!!! :D

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 09 Jul 2011, 03:42

Grumble. You need to go out and get TQID and LTB. Right now.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 09 Jul 2011, 03:47

Meat Is Murder!!!....

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 09 Jul 2011, 03:49

Piece of shite. Slotting "How Soon Is Now?" into the middle of the CD release is like trying to redeem a shit sandwich by squirting a packet of mustard onto it.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 09 Jul 2011, 15:02

shit sandwich sounds tasty!!! (but hold the mustard, I HATE mustard!!!!)... :(

Anyway, yeah, meat IS murder!!!... But it tastes good...!

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 09 Jul 2011, 15:34

mark wrote:Anyway, yeah, meat IS murder!!!... But it tastes good...!



Exactly.


BTW, vegetables are also murder. That plant was once living, you know...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 10 Jul 2011, 10:09

I've ALWAYS had that same arguement!!!!... That vegetation has feelings too!!! - and it's even worse because they can't even attempt to defend themselves, either physically or vocally, like animals can!!!!... :o :(

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 10 Jul 2011, 16:27

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you.


Plus, veggies don't have the "cuteness" factor on their side.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 11 Jul 2011, 09:59

I dunno, some veggies can be pretty sweet looking - but I get your point, they don't pine, or make cute noises or look at you with big sorry eyes!!!!...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby SoGone » 11 Jul 2011, 16:27

I wouldn't call endless yapping a "cute" noise, but whatever.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: "Hatful Of Hollow"

Postby mark » 12 Jul 2011, 09:53

I was thinking more of 'squeaking' little puppies or hamsters or anything cute... But then you hate animals, you hate children... i'm never letting you anywhere near a gun!!!!... :P


Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest