McLaren dies...

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
mark
Flight attendant

McLaren dies...

Post by mark »

Heard about it last night but forgot to mention, Malcolm McLaren has died...

Was always interested in his relationship with the Sex Pistols bearing in mind how John Lydon used to severely criticise his influence over and input into the band... He definitely seem to guide the band a great deal and of course put them together in the first place (god forbid using the words Simon Cowell or Louis Walsh lol)!! but Lydon was always quick to point out he had nothing to do with the bands attitude, music or lyrics and that because he didn't write or have any influence over the songs McLarens role in the Sex Pistols was over-played and in his opinion redundant... But of course he did guide the bands image and actually placed a lot of importance on that and their attitude was in fact something he did push in the first place. But ultimately the things that matter most (the songs and music) were very much down to Lydon, Matlock, Cook and Jones...

Anyway none of u probably interested but he definitely seemed to have a certain vision for punk even though yes agreed he did take a lot of credit for things he didn't necessarily play that much of a part in too... But it is undeniable that he played a big part in the areas that helped the band publicity wise and ultimately their reputation.... And for some punk was all about image and attitude - for me - well I love their music!!! Others I guess would argue McLaren was nothing more than the guy that booked the gigs!!!

Great to hear 'Bodies' blaring out at RAH as I said before!!

Anyway just trying to make slightly more intelligent observations on his life than i've seen at the other place!!!

Even John Lydon has made some reasonable comments about him in death despite his overall feelings about him: "For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. "Above all else he was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you."

Wonder how much of an influence Charlie Charlton had over Suede...? haven't read the biog for ages and that doesn't tell the full story!!! Probably used to suggest which side Brett should wear his fringe on from day to day!!! :shock: :lol: :wink:
kats_d

Re: McLaren dies...

Post by kats_d »

They're dropping like flies... It's only April and we've already lost so many (I was particularly sad about Alex Chilton and Mark Linkous). :(
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it was in the news over here!
Jan
Pilot

Post by Jan »

nothing's jumping in his shirt (anymore)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

whatever
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hahaha!!! I've emailed the captain again at fb in the hope he can get rid of it!!!!! :evil: :x
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

you should become a moderator as you spend your life here! :wink:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

The both of you do! :D
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I spend all my time here???!!!! :shock: :o :( :cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

There's a difference between your time and your life. Your time is all the, um, time you have for sleeping, eating, pissing, loving, etc. Your life is what you do with your "free" time.

There was a point I was getting at, but I lost it somewhere while typing that post, probably when involuntarily picturing marky pissing. :shock:
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol: