Describe the happiest time of your life

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Describe the happiest time of your life

Post by SoGone »

There are exactly two truly happy times in my life. One was the summer of 2002, ironically when I wasn't "into" pop music. All I knew were Disney soundtracks, bluegrass, and classical...then I heard Bob Dylan for the first time. That was also when I played music regularly (my own music) and actually thought I was good (I was 13, shut up). So that summer consisted of discovering music that actually meant something, as well as the illusion that I was contributing to that canon of meaningful music. That was a good time.

The other was the winter/spring/summer of 2007. I'd just graduated from high school and had no prospects; no job (and no one returning my calls), no plans to go to college, no friends, nothing. I mean, it really should have been the worst time of my life, but it wasn't. That was when I sold off all the shite I'd bought in high school because Rolling Stone mag told me it was good (all those crappy 60's groups that I'd tried to force myself to like, you know the deal) and bought stuff I actually liked.

A lot of punk rock. I found a lot of my favorite bands that year; XTC, Oasis, Buzzcocks, Echo & The Bunnymen (bought by accident; I thought they were someone else! But the album I got was "Crocodiles," and I loved it so much I didn't even think to return it). It was the year I really fell in love with the Pistols; I'd had NMTB, Spunk, and the Burton-On-Trent tape, but it took a while for them to really hit me.

I played my own stuff a lot then too. I no longer thought that it was worth much, but it was mine, and I had nothing else, so it was enough. Sounds cheesy, but it's true.

Possibly my all-time favorite memory of that time is spending an entire day doing nothing but walking around nearby neighborhoods, watching the sun rise over a cemetery, watching it set over the city (from a hill maybe five miles away), listening to Oasis, and thinking that that was the most life could ever offer.

Probably a lot longer than was really necessary, but there it is. :D

So marky, what happened in 1998/1999? And everyone else here; let's hear your stories!!!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Describe the happiest time of your life

Post by mark »

God walking round all day - you must have been knackered!!! :shock: :? Lovely story though!!! :D Maybe i'll tell you about why I was happy once if i can be arsed!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

That was a time when I could walk around all day, because it was all I did!!! I mean, I'd stop and sit on a bench or on the rock at the end of the cliff and read a book or scribble a few notes/stories or munch on a granola bar...it wasn't non-stop walking, but close. Good times.

I'm waiting for your reply.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

wow u ol' rambler - walking, walking, walking - no wonder u look so fit!!! :D And you can keep waiting for my reply on this!! - it's gonna take me all week to reply to all your other posts as it is!!! :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Pfffffft. You have the time. What else would you be doing?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

spending hours replying to all these other posts.... and chatting to my boyfriend... and eating.... and sleeping.... and ****ing.... and working!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Replying to useless posts on the Internet is fun, more fun than lovey-dovey boyfriend-boyfriend stuff and shopping and eating (fuck food). Just admit it.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

it's ok i guess - but actually i'm pretty hungry as i haven't had anything all day accept a couple of sandwiches at lunch and it's now just gone 5am!!!! your posting so many topics is starving me!!!!! :shock: :( i guess it's ok though because i do need to lose some weight!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Internet posting as a diet? I think you should try to market that.

If traditional ads don't work, you can always spam music forums.