Looking for dance music suggestions...

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Looking for dance music suggestions...

Post by SoGone »

I don't like the stuff with big whomping drums that drown everything else out. Ultra-aggressive or shouty vocals are iffy. Melodic (not just thumping) bass is good; long passages of nothing but bass 'n' drums are probably not good.

Basically, my ideal is the New Order/Pet Shop Boys sound (have I mentioned that I'm a NO/PSB fanboy?).

Any suggestions? Or is this the wrong place to ask? :P
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Looking for dance music suggestions...

Post by mark »

All I can remember of dance music is The Shamen, The Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Moby and *Happy Mondays

*well they were only kind of dance orientated!!! All the other stuff is just 'djs' right???!!! Go clubbing if u want to know more- i'm actually quite proud of the fact i've never been to a nightclub in my life!!!! Doesn't appeal to me at all - i'd rather stick to pubs and bars!!!! :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I've never been to a nightclub, and I'd be scared to. I love the Mondays, and Shamen's ok, but I can't say I like the other three...but thanks for the try! :D
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

why would u be scared??? In case of meeting me (even though I don't go to them) with the knowledge that i have been thrown out in the past for 'aggressive behaviour' lol??!!! :shock: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I wasn't kidding when I said that I'm ridiculously shy. I sometimes hide out in empty classrooms during my breaks at school, lest I have to face people in the commons.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

seriously??? wow :( aaaaaaaaaaaaaw :shock: Well course that will change in time, i'm still VERY shy now but not like that and not the way I used to be!!!! hey come on, i'll take your hand and we'll go together!!!! :) and no this isn't a 'come on' i'm just being sweet!!!! :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:seriously??? wow :( aaaaaaaaaaaaaw :shock: Well course that will change in time, i'm still VERY shy now but not like that and not the way I used to be!!!! hey come on, i'll take your hand and we'll go together!!!! :) and no this isn't a 'come on' i'm just being sweet!!!! :D
Yes, I am serious. And stop calling me Shirley.

Take your hand? But you're a girl and I'm a boy...I'm a girl and you're a boy...and London is your town.

You're very sweet. If sugar was as sweet as you honey, sugar just couldn't be bought.*

*For the record, I hate Rockpile and Nick Lowe, but I know this song from the Dark Ages of my music listening experience.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Well I didn't understand ANY of those references but they all sounded very interesting!!! :shock: :roll: :wink:

And I think you'll find that the 'Shirley' joke is based on the word 'surely' not 'seriously'!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, it's based on "Shirley," but the word "serious" is also in it.

You aren't familiar with "Shelia Take A Bow" by the Smiths????????