Black history month...what a crock

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: Black history month...what a crock

Post by sunshine »

alex is funny... rmemebr when i met him going to the recovered thing... haha... he was so desperate. nice touch though what he did with the photo we took later.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

ooooh la-di-da mr bigshot "my name is sunshine i'm friends with suede" film star!!! Just because you hang out with Suede doesn't mean... well, ok, we're all jealous of you lol!!!! :x :x :x :lol: :wink: And Alex walked past me at Cambridge Corn Exchange before the Suede gig back in 2002 but I think he was preparing for the show so I didn't like to say anything - that and the fact that i'm a scaredy, scaredy!!! :lol: :roll: What do you mean Alex was 'desperate'???!!! You mean he was so much in awe of you he was like desperate to impress you???!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

oh and btw Andy, i'm not sure if you've ever seen Mr Nasty (José) - he's the pretentious film star in the 'Obsessions' video, the guy in the orange t-shirt who has subtitles under him that says something about having to check the lights are out 3 times or something (you're actually also the last person we see in that video aren't you sun??? - why do u keep looking up at the ceiling btw??? :lol: :? )!!! oh he's also the rather 'camp' guy :wink: in this video who talks about how lovely Suede are "they're lovely, so lovely, lovely"!!!! :lol: or something!!!... just so you know who your enemy is!!!! :shock: :mrgreen: 'Know Your Enemy' - underated Manics album!!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSK6eMJflZM
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Never heard any of the B-sides you mentioned...you must remember, we in the States have to scrounge for releases by "The London Suede" with the B-sides all jumbled and stuff!

I'll have to check out that link later...please remind me! I'll forget otherwise.

Frankly, I've never seen what the big fuss was over Neil...yes, he co-wrote some great songs, but sonically, did he really contribute that much? You sort of have to strain to hear the keyboards on, say, Trash, and it's not like the piano part to By The Sea is all that complex or awe-inspiring...

...can't say I'm a "Know Your Enemy" fan, but...oh well.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

strain to hear the keyboards on 'Trash'???!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :? I always think the keyboards drown out the guitars on that song, but maybe it's just me!!!!.... :roll: :? Neil was just cool I guess, that's it!!! And I guess much of the sonics on HM was down to him, it was an album completely created around Neil's synths (although I think Brett played around on them a bit too!!) and remember with that album many of the songs, more than Richard, were co-written with Neil... But I really like Alex, both as a musician and a band member!!!!... :D

You should try and find some of those Suede songs - I think all of them are somewhere on youtube!!!... 'Let Go' the proper recording sounds much better than on that crappy video recording but oh well!!!...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

he will listen to them in a live recording rather than go to a proper gig! :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah well, it doesn't matter so much that he doesn't like going to gigs sun... each to their own... :roll: Personally i'm getting pretty excited now, only 3 more months til DMS and CU night... Shame I won't be there for 'Suede' but I guess I can't be tooooooooo greedy!!!... :roll: :P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i got one next week!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:? what one is that???!!!... :?:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

with a 5th of suede! artmagic
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm... i'm not so much a fan from what i've heard/seen... songs seem a bit disappointing to me but i'll reserve proper judgement until there is an album out... I don't want to be disappointed because I like Richard so much....
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

never say never
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

and don't get things confused! i do not hang out with anyone... i'm quite a solitary person. in fact, i hate people... next time i will get into my bubble... enjoy the concert and ignore the rest

he was looking for something...

i hardly ever say anything about that... in fact, i hate being spotted... and i was not looking at the ceiling... i was looking at richard who was coming downstairs.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

sorry sun, I was only teasing u!!!... :( And I know how u are, you're similar to me - both solitary, both hate people... Great job btw, a teacher when u hate people!!!! :roll: :lol: ... Oh u weren't looking at the ceiling???... I see... interesting to know!!! funny, 'Obsessions' is actually one of my favourite videos too!!!!... :D And no, not because of you!!!... :P btw was just practising 'The Hunted' lol, and that's with a sore throat too!!!... :roll: :cry:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

go for it!