Thread to hate on Kubrick

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Thread to hate on Kubrick

Post by SoGone »

The only people who genuinely like "A Clockwork Orange" are hipster, wanna-be-emo kids who think it's so coool, dude.

They probably also listen to Joy Division and Nirvana simply because the singers offed themselves.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Re: Thread to hate on Kubrick

Post by car wash *unt »

Let's get married now! Now!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Sweet.

Where do you live, again? I need to know what kind of clothes to pack.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

I'll come to yours!
How about that? we could sing country songs all night and wear horrifying flannel shirts.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

That works! I'm cheap, I don't like to travel...we both win!

No country music, please! I mean, I like John Prine's first record and Bob Dylan's "country phase," but that's it. I mean, if you're into the pedal steel 'n' twang, I guess that's not a deal-breaker, but we'll definitely have some compromises to work out before we can move in together.

I wear flannel all the time these days, but I swear it's not my fault. I have a certain...condition that precludes me from wearing bona fide long-sleeve shirts, and my school is fucking cold, and I got tired of wearing my winter coat for 10 hours straight...
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

I said that cause you always see those southerns in American movies wearing awful red\black flannel shirts in crowded bars singing country songs... :?

I'll have to reconsider the marriage after you admitting you have some of those.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

They're not like that! They're green and blue. One's grey. And I emphasize, I have all sorts of little quirks...one of them is that I'm very picky about what I wear. T-shirts with logos or any designs at all are out, as are shirts with tight cuffs...I don't button up the cuffs on my coats or flannel because it makes me uncomfortable.

But I'll go back to year-round T-shirts and 10-hour-winter-coat days if that makes you happy. And that's just the tip of what I'd do for you, love.
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

I have a thing with buttons too, I can't wear shirts with buttons, I can't touch them.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I can only stand them on these shirts because there's enough padding that they don't touch my skin.
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

SoGone wrote:I can only stand them on these shirts because there's enough padding that they don't touch my skin.
lol, I can't believe you're like that too! it's rare.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

We belong together.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

*vomit*

this is turning into a date forum... mark trying it on with SG and SG doing it with someone else...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

This is possibly the most bizarre, intense conversations i've ever read!!!! :shock: :? All about shirts and t-shirts :shock: :? .... hmmm - Andy sounds like he has clothes ocd or something no???!!!! :lol: Oh and am I really that deluded that when the page loaded and the first thing I read was Andy saying "we belong together" I thought he was talking about me???!!!! :lol: :shock: :P

Oh and back to Kubrick, i've never watched Clockwork Orange but my favourite radio host of all time, Nick Abbot, hates it so I guess it must be shit!!! Also my brother has seen it and told me he thinks it's crap too!!!! But never diss The Shining, that's a great film and I don't care what anyone else says!!!!! :x :x :x
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:This is possibly the most bizarre, intense conversations i've ever read!!!! :shock: :? All about shirts and t-shirts :shock: :? .... hmmm - Andy sounds like he has clothes ocd or something no???!!!! :lol: Oh and am I really that deluded that when the page loaded and the first thing I read was Andy saying "we belong together" I thought he was talking about me???!!!! :lol: :shock: :P

Oh and back to Kubrick, i've never watched Clockwork Orange but my favourite radio host of all time, Nick Abbot, hates it so I guess it must be shit!!! Also my brother has seen it and told me he thinks it's crap too!!!! But never diss The Shining, that's a great film and I don't care what anyone else says!!!!! :x :x :x

You're just jealous of the love that car wash *unt and I have for each other.

I'll give you that "The Shining" wasn't a complete disaster, but that's only because (at least back then), anything Nicholson did was at least semi-watchable (possible exceptions: Five Easy Pieces, Easy Rider).