Did you fry ants when you were a kid?

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Did you fry ants when you were a kid?

Post by SoGone »

...or rip the wings off flies and the legs off frogs, and capture stray cats and rip out their claws?

...I never did.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Re: Did you fry ants when you were a kid?

Post by car wash *unt »

I used to capture flies and put them in a palstic bag, thinking I'm saving them from the cruel world.
I always found them dead the day after and never realised why. I took it as an insult and stopped doing it :(
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

uuuuuuuuurrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh this is a ghastly thread!!!! Speaking of dead flies, my canteen at work must be the only one with the odd fly flying round in wintertime!!!! Baring in mind how cold it is here, there's something not right in having disgusting flies alive all year round!!!! My friend reckons there must be maggots breeding way up in the roof somewhere!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: (vom!)... Reminds me of that episode of X Files where Mulder & Scully are investigating inside someone's house and suddenly all these maggots start falling through the light fitting in the ceiling!!!!... :shock: :shock: :shock: They go upstairs into the attic and find a rotting corpse covered in maggots hanging up in the roof!!! nice!!! :? :shock: :shock: :(

I hate to admit this, but... well i'm not sure if you've heard of 'daddy long legs' (crane flies) if not they are like large, spindly flying creatures with long ultra thin legs (almost like coarse hair thickness in legs!) and they aren't harmful but they are damn annoying - they swoop and dive and fly all over the place and get attracted to lights too!!! I used to HATE them as a kid and I still REALLY dislike them now - just because their flight has no sense of direction!!! And around every September we get inundated with them here!!! (although there seems to be less these days than there used to be, maybe the changing climate!)... But when I was a kid well, I saw one on the floor right at the edge of my bed and I squished it!!! And these things, well, they make u feel all horrible afterwards lol, because one squish and they won't die properly - their legs will still be twitching!!!! And so afterwards, maybe it was something sick and twisted in me, and also because the tiny legs were so delicate and could easily fall off!!! (i've actually seen one lose a leg just through getting caught up on something!!!) so I got some scissors and... well you can guess what I did!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah so, I felt terrible ever since... It's one thing that sticks in my mind - u know as a kid u get kinda interested and curious of these things - and maybe even a little malicious because u hate certain creatures so much... but I really regret doing that, even when i did it, even though i hated those insects, i felt so bad for doing it afterwards!!!...

wow, thanks for the free therapy guys...!!!! :D and sorry if that made anyone want to throw up!!!! :shock: :o :roll: :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I have to admit, I'm slightly disappointed. I thought the story would end with you cheerfully watching the crippled-but-not-dead insect hobble off to its eventual demise. I mean, taking mercy on an insect hardly qualifies as sociopathic.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

how dare u, i'm not sociopathic, homeopathic, or any pathic...!!! I could hardly watch it hobble off when it had no legs after i'd finished with it could I???!!!... :shock: :( :cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...well, see, that's what I'm saying...you're not any of those things. Which makes your earlier post less shocking.

That can be good or bad, depending on what you're trying to achieve.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm..... it's just sad that i mutilated a insect that scared me as a kid - and the fact i did it, well, i felt good and evil and bad and many things - but yeah I guess the fact that I did it and felt fucking awful for doing it means i'm ok right???!!!... :shock: :? :lol:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...or just that you were successfully indoctrinated with religion at an impressionable age. Like me.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

nah - i went to sunday school but i've never been a big believer, even back then!!!... you should become a priest...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

When I was 11, I wanted to. Then I learned that priests aren't allowed to jerk off, and there went that dream.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

but if priests are allowed to have sex with children surely they're allowed to jerk off??!!!... :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...yeah, and if the Pope's allowed to be a member of Hitler's Youth...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

true, true...