Have you ever listened to Meat Is Murder and eaten meat?

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Have you ever listened to Meat Is Murder and eaten meat?

Post by SoGone »

...you know, at the same time.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Have you ever listened to Meat Is Murder and eaten meat?

Post by mark »

Never listened to 'Meat Is Murder'!!!! :shock: :roll:

Have you done what you asked in your question???!!! Rebel!!! :shock: :twisted:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I don't listen to Meat Is Murder all that much. It's by far my least favorite Smiths album, the one without a single track that I like. I file it in the nether regions of my bedroom (the one I don't use) along with the handful of albums by Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen that I can't stand.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm - I thought people like that album???? Is it actually possible to have bought an album without a single song that u like on it???!!!! :shock: :? I love the fact you hate your bedroom, that's kinda ... weird!... weird in a good way though!!! hey i can't remember, do you have Brett's solo albums or not? - if so what do you think? - i'm listening to all 3 in order tonight - of course they aren't like Suede or The Tears but I actually like the fact they're simple but expansive and - nice to listen to when relaxed - good for night time listening!!!... :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Most people seem to like it...I hate it. Yes, every single song. Admittedly, part of it is the performances; the version of "What She Said" on "Rank" is ace. Actually, most of their songs are better on "Rank"...

I've heard plenty of albums that were 100% shite. "Funeral," for one.

I only have Brett's first album...I think "Love Is Dead" is a corker, and when I put it on in the background, I can usually have a few moments where I think, "Gee, that's ok," but nothing ever really jumped out at me...I've heard a few tracks from the other solo albums on Youtube and wasn't that impressed...

I prefer Bernard solo, even if he's no Suede/Tears either.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Bernard solo... hmm... 'People Move On' is a great album but 'Friends & Lovers' is appalling... all barring 'cocoon'... well a few other tracks are 'ok' at best, but .....
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, I've never actually heard Friends & Lovers...I'm judging this based on People Move On. I've never heard the McAlmont/Butler album in full either, but like everyone else, I think Yes is a crackling track.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I prefer their second album, 'Bring It Back' - more soulful!!!... :)