The Twilight appreciation thread

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 19 Feb 2011, 15:39

LOL
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 19 Feb 2011, 17:45

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic, now I know you were, I haven't seen it so I can't comment, but if it's buffy type shit I won't be bothering... looks like some annoying, smug american teen movie... :(

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 20 Feb 2011, 00:20

...apart from Kristen Stewart being shag-worthy, there's absolutely nothing about the whole thing that interests me.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)
Posts: 169
Joined: 05 Nov 2010, 06:39

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby car wash *unt » 20 Feb 2011, 02:07

wow, I was shocked at the title, I'm so relieved. phew.

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 20 Feb 2011, 11:19

:D (shup, sunshine!)... :roll:

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 20 Feb 2011, 13:46

car wash *unt wrote:wow, I was shocked at the title, I'm so relieved. phew.



I don't think you appreciate how much I'm enthralled by you. Do you realize that there is not a single American female for whom all of the following hold true:

- Hates twilight
- Hates dogs
- Hates old people
- Likes Suede/Brett Anderson


...car wash *unt, my love for you grows daily.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 20 Feb 2011, 15:55

:shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so unloved, sigh!!! :(

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 20 Feb 2011, 16:28

You should have been born a girl, instead of this mess of a man.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 21 Feb 2011, 09:51

TIMTTMY isn't such a great album!!!... :cry: No I wish you had been born gay!!!! :D Although yeah if I was a girl it would be easier - I could have my man and babies too!!!! :) :shock: :roll: :? :? :?

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 21 Feb 2011, 14:33

I <3 TIMTTMY. Definitely better than Generation Terrorists or anything that came afterwards.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 22 Feb 2011, 11:21

TIMTTMY is probably one of the most patchy of ALL the Manics albums!!! how can u say that???!!!... Generation Terrorists is probably the best thing they've done overall, although I love both of the first two albums and Everything Must Go... And yeah sorry, Know YOUR Enemy is a better more consitant album than that one!!! There are way too many tracks on that album that have to be skipped - Be Natural, Black Dog On Your Shoulder, Tender and Tired - EVEN Born A Girl!!!!... If you really think TIMTTMY is better than Generation Terrorists you are jnot a Manics fan!!!!... Even for You Love Us, Motorcycle Emptiness, Stay Beautiful, So Dead and Little Baby Nothing alone there is not one song on TIMTTMY album that can come close to matching those songs!!!!... Don't get me wrong, I love Tolerate, The Everlasting, Ready For Drowning, Tsunami - even SYMM... But sorry none of those songs can match the first album or even God Against The Soul.... Holy Bible is a weird one because everyone adores it but for me it is such a kinda difficult listen - just because of the whole atmosphere and feeling of the album and subject matter - i'm not too keen on being tortured when I listen to music!!!!.... I like parts of it but i'm not the hugest fan.....

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 22 Feb 2011, 15:52

I love Be Natural, You're Tender & You're Tired, and Born a Girl!!!!

It's not that I dislike Generation Terrorists; on the contrary, I quite like it, and Motorcycle Emptiness, Little Baby Nothing, Slash 'n' Burn, & Crucifix Kiss are among my favorite Manics tracks. It's a great album, but shadowed by what came afterwards.

Know Your Enemy, for me, is the "A New Morning" of Manics albums...good, sometimes great songs, ruined by limp performances and lifeless production.


On any given day, I could cite GATS, THB, EMG, or TIMTTMY as my favorite Manics album, just as I could go between the first four Suede releases...I love 'em all. I've never found THB as harrowing as some people make it out to be; I think EMG is the real downer of Manics albums, despite the poppy tunes.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 23 Feb 2011, 11:59

As usual you're wrong!...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby SoGone » 23 Feb 2011, 13:25

Grumble.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Postby mark » 24 Feb 2011, 11:32

grumble, grumble!!!! :)


Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest