Do you ever fill out...

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Do you ever fill out...

Postby SoGone » 21 Feb 2011, 16:02

...those surveys at fast food joints, the ones that promise the chance to win $10,000? Has anyone ever actually won money by filling out those surveys?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby mark » 22 Feb 2011, 13:04

Normally you get those stupid free scratchcards with similar promises but of course you have to phone a premium rate hotline to see what 'stunning' prize you've won!!!... :x :roll: No, I don't do surveys!!!!... :x :roll: And also i virutally never go to fast food joints, usually if ever I do have fast food it will be a pizza or chinese food takeaway... but really i'm not so keen on eating that so often - and the burger bars are only if you're out and don't have much choice - i'm not keen on mcdonalds...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby SoGone » 22 Feb 2011, 15:55

I'm not a fast food person either...I like Subway and Panera, I guess...do you have those over there?



I refuse to go to fast food burger joints, though. They're the pits.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby mark » 23 Feb 2011, 10:54

I always feel ill after eating mcdonalds or burger king - like really sickie!!!! :( And yeah we do have subway here but i've never eaten anything from there - apparently the calories in those sandwiches are HORRENDOUS!!!!... :shock: :shock: :shock: Never heard of Panera...

In my town we have subway, kfc, mcdonalds (we used to have burger king too but that shut!!!), domino's pizza, pizza hut, pizza express... and of course many 'proper' pubs and restaurants and takeaways!!!...

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby SoGone » 23 Feb 2011, 13:21

The major pizza chains suck too.


Subway's actually not that bad as far as fat content goes...the calories are comparable to other fast food places, but at least with Subway it's mostly carbs...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby mark » 24 Feb 2011, 10:57

no mate, you're wrong!!! i've seen several docs talking about many in the range of subway and have shown that fat and calorie content in many of their ranges is phenomenal!!!!

here's an online example too!!! - http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... _ruin.html

And major pizza chains are ok.... Although i'd agreed that a much smaller local chain in my town called 'pizza town' is one of the best!!!! :)

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby SoGone » 24 Feb 2011, 13:15

...ok, but those aren't the subs that most people get...it's not like the burger joints, where even the "basic burgers" are bad...



It's hard to find a good pizza, between crummy chains and equally dodgy indie stores. But when you find a good joint, it's REALLY good...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5854
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby mark » 25 Feb 2011, 00:29

a good 'joint'??!!! :lol: 8) smokin' da reefer man!!! 8)

I know what you mean, pizza hut is ok... maybe the Pennsylvania ones aren't so good!!!! Where do you live in Pennsylvania then???.... Apparently there's a large number of 'european americans' and 'african americans' living there....

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: Do you ever fill out...

Postby SoGone » 27 Feb 2011, 01:21

...if you go to the downtown region, there are a lot of African-Americans, but most of the outlying areas are 99% white...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!


Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests