reissues info

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: reissues info

Post by mark »

Good one Thomas lol!!!! :D

And you're definitely NO ANGEL sun!!!!...

As for Andrew, well despite the fact I love the guy i'm afraid there is also a lot wrong with him - hating going to gigs, hating music dvd's, being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond cheap when it comes to buying music - all things that are the most important things to me - gigs/live music, spending on the passion of music, and music dvds... hmmm... how can one man be so wrong???!!!... Oh and get into the 21st century and buy a multi-region dvd player Andy!!!!... I buy loads of US dvd imports!!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...you're talking to someone who buys cheap everything; pasta, booze, music. My mom's always getting on me: "Just like your father, buying the cheapest tequila you can find!"

And for me, buying a multi-region DVD player would be like subscribing to 1000 cable channels. It might sound impressive, but I'd never use any of it.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I guess the thing about multi-region for you being in the US is kinda a good point! But me being outside of the US and you guys getting the best of everything means it's been VERY important indeed - especially getting the boxsets of all those classic american sitcoms!!! :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

panic not
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

gbtt, brett commented:

Re: Reissues Posted by: brett anderson
Date: March 13, 2011 10:20AM
let's just clear this up once and for all. the DMS videos weren't included on the DVD of that album because we didn't think the line up in the videos was relevant to Dog Man Star . given the complex history of the band there was no neat solution here. keeping the line-ups relevant to the body of work that they were responsible for was seen as the best way to structure this. there was no sinister power struggle going on , just a desire by everyone involved to try and present our legacy as coherently as possible .
we thought including the tour films from that period, which for me have far more artistic worth than the promos, more than compensated for their absence.
apologies to the completists, it's an imperfect solution to an imperfect problem but there you go

http://forum.suede.co.uk/read.php?2,16843,page=9
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

So he's saying 'no sinister power struggle going on' on one hand but at the same time saying 'we didn't think the line up in the videos was relevant to Dog Man Star'. So in other words because Richard appears in the videos rather than Bernard it was thought not a good idea to have them with the album???!!!... That really is a bit... hmmm... I don't understand that at all I mean - firstly does anyone actually care if it's Richard or Bernard appearing in the videos??? We all know that DMS was a Brett/Bernard co-write so I don't understand where the confusion is - for me, for once I have to say Brett's reasoning is pretty bloody weak lol!!! Fans of the band know Bernard was the one who wrote and appeared on the album rather than Richard and i'm sure the casual fan couldn't give a fuck one way or the other!!! Bernard gets all the album co-credits so I really can't see any justification for leaving the videos out - especially when you consider that the three DMS promo videos are probably amongst the best videos they actually made!!!... :shock: :roll: :? :? :? And what's more Richard plays those songs far better than Bernard live anyway so.... lol!!!... I think that's really weak!!!... :roll: :( Bad Brett lol!!!... Bernard probably had a hissy fit at the thought of the videos being included!!!... :roll: :evil:

And the tour videos i'm afraid to say are bollocks compared to the official videos!!! Just saying... They're no more artistic than the 'Stay Together' promo (and nowhere near as good either!) and Brett HATES that video so i'm afraid his arguement is falling apart rapidly lol!!!...

I'd post this at the other place but they'd probably ban me!!!... :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:roll: