a gig to remember!

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

a gig to remember!

Post by sunshine »

Suede (Play Dog Man Star) Brixton Academy, May

Forget the other 2,000 people here, this was Brett Anderson’s chance to make amends to me. By 2002 the Suede frontman had gone from penning devotion-inspiring Nineties classics such as Animal Nitrate and New Generation, to begrudgingly talking to me and six other student journalists about their shoddy last album, A New Morning.

It was my first lesson in the dangers of meeting your heroes. Anderson was curt, charmless and seemingly wasted from years of well documented drug abuse. To my mind, he had some making-up to do. And at Brixton in May, he did it with style. Despite not uttering a single word in between songs, he gave a masterclass in showmanship, prancing across the stage, clasping hands with the front row and standing arms aloft after every song.

We Are the Pigs and Heroine sounded as urgent as ever, the Wild Ones and The Two of Us were as achingly beautiful as in 1994, while the final orchestral flourishes of Still Life still sent shivers down the spine.

For an hour and a half, Suede reminded us all why they were one of the most important British bands of a generation. Anderson, consider yourself redeemed.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/music/5-br ... d-in-2011/
mark
Flight attendant

Re: a gig to remember!

Post by mark »

I was there! :D Yay!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: a gig to remember!

Post by sunshine »

:lol: 8)
mark