Rough Trade on 22nd March

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Rough Trade on 22nd March

Post by sunshine »

BUY SUEDE'S NEW ALBUM 'BLOODSPORTS' FROM MONDAY 18th MARCH AT ROUGH TRADE EAST AND COLLECT YOUR WRISTBAND AT THE SAME TIME, ANY REMAINING WRISTBANDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE STAGE TIME...ONE PER PERSON

http://www.roughtrade.com/events/2013/3/60
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: Rough Trade on 22nd March

Post by sunshine »

And today was the day!

Fantastic instore with a premiere!

They played: barriers, snowblind, starts and ends, filmstar, metal mickey, animal nitrate, float away, hit me, trash and beautiful!

Sweet as angels! It seems as if I was a teen again! Thanks suede!

:D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

some pics
Attachments
rt 01.jpg
rt 01.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 02.jpg
rt 02.jpg (77.39 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 03.jpg
rt 03.jpg (60.55 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 04.jpg
rt 04.jpg (57.51 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 05.jpg
rt 05.jpg (64.73 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 06.jpg
rt 06.jpg (73.7 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 07.jpg
rt 07.jpg (79.79 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
rt 08.jpg
rt 08.jpg (77.67 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

http://louderthanwar.com/suede-london-r ... ve-review/
Suede: London Rough Trade East – live review
March 23, 2013 by David Brown
Suede
London Rough Trade East
22nd March 2013
Suede continue their triumphant return with an intimate in-store performance in East London. David Brown from Louder Than War was there to see whether they’ve still got it
Rough Trade’s instores have been one of the best kept secrets in London for a long time. Proper shows handpicked by their knowledgeable staff and with a decent sound set-up. There’s no secrecy about this one though – ahead of their huge Alexandra Palace headliner next week, Suede cram two hundred people into Rough Trade’s flagship shop just off Brick Lane to see their heroes up close and very personal.
There’s no concessions to the size of the venue in the sound though, it’s a ten-song full on assault and there’s no doubt Brett is up for it as well from introducing the band as “The Suedes” to getting down into the crowd, shirt open to the waist and lapping up the adoration of the front rows. The rest of the band look effortlessly cool, appearing disinterested but still producing that effervescent Suede sound that is as trademark as Brett’s voice.
The question with huge bands from the 90s, as Foals and Robbie Williams have contributed to the debate recently, is whether their reformation is a vain attempt to recapture past glories or a cynical cash-in. On the evidence of the new songs aired tonight, they’ve gone for the former, even if the new material does sound pretty identical to what they were producing in 1999. What’s clear is that it doesn’t stand up unfavourably to latter-period post-Butler Suede.
Barriers, Snowblind and It Starts And Ends With You all come from Bloodsports and although this audience is a home banker, the reaction they get is as feverish as I’ve seen at Suede gigs. Rough Trade must have worried about their floor at one point as the centre becomes a moshpit.
Whilst ostensibly promoting the new record, there’s room for some of the hits as well. Filmstar and So Young are as downright dirty as you can be in a concrete box, and by the time we get to Animal Nitrate, it feels like we’ve been transported back twenty years, fans desperate to get a touch of Brett whilst singing every word back at him as if it’s some kind of musical cult.
They take it down a little for their debut performance of Sometimes I Feel I’ll Float Away, one of those dreamy ballads Suede didn’t produce nearly enough of. Hit Me could be described as Suede-by-numbers, but that comfort blanket of familiarity isn’t always a bad thing.
The set finishes with Trash and Beautiful Ones and the whole place is bouncing at this point, there’s unprompted sing-alongs and Brett has the hugest grin on his face. It feels like one massive celebration yet very personal coming together of old friends.
All in all, this was a real triumph for Suede. It was a brave move to put themselves in this sort of gig as it wasn’t for the additional sales or any great press opportunity. I wasn’t expecting them to be this good, but like everyone else I left with a beaming smile on my face.

Suede played :
Barriers
Snowblind
It Starts And Ends With You
Filmstar
So Young (DID THEY???????????????????????)
Animal Nitrate
Sometimes I Feel I’ll Float Away
Hit Me
Trash
Beautiful Ones
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2013/03/24 ... rade-east/
Added: 24th March 2013
Author: Rita Vicinanza
Suede play packed Rough Trade East concert
Last Friday, Suede gave some lucky fans the opportunity to take a peek at what to expect from their show at Alexandra Pallace on 30th March.
The teaser gig was obviously focused on the promotion of the band’s latest album, Bloodsports, which was recently released after a little over ten years of silence.
The anticipation was high but proved to be well rewarded, with people dancing and singing choruses out loud like they hadn’t been waiting for anything else. Besides, Suede members themselves seemed to deeply enjoy the stage’s vibrations, performing even if in front of such a small audience.
Rousing the public to express and share their involvement in the concert and demonstrating some impressive frontman skills, singer Brett Anderson made clear that Suede are back and in a very good shape.
Played in the same order as they appear in the record, songs like Barriers and Snowblind were positively received, followed by the first single It Starts And Ends With You which gained additional excitement.
However, predictably, there was room for old hits too. The crowd responded with understandably more enthusiasm, and was particularly thrilled by tracks such as Trash and Beautiful Ones, – both from Coming Up, one of the group’s most commercially successful records – which were the usual “best saved for last”.
Suede played with the same energy and fervour of an upcoming band, as if time has not passed, not because they needed to attest their skills as musicians but because, just like an emerging band, they still have that passion that fuelled them in the first place and prompted them to build a career out of it.
After the show, the group made themselves available for a signing session, amicable and modest despite their exhaustion. Ticket holders to Suede’s next performance will not be disappointed.
Verdict: ••••