club 100- 20th March 2010

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

club 100- 20th March 2010

Post by sunshine »

What a lovely birthday present... just back from a sweety gig with ears still buzzing.

They played:
She, trash, Filmstar, Animal Nitrate, Heroine, Pantomime Horse, KIlling of a Flashboy, Obsessions, Can't Get Enough, Everything Will Flow, She's in Fashion, The Living Dead (brett solo guitar), The Asphalt World (half, no last part), So Young, Metal Mickey, The Wild Ones, New Generation, Beautiful Ones
Encore: Saturday Night.

It was a bit like the old days... the queueing... mat coming in and being so nice... then lots of old familiar faces from the technicians, david barnett selling the t-shirts... a very enthusiastic support band

brett loved it and jumped to the audience several times. mat was loving it too, and simon. neil was still like the china vase fragile and about to break... and rich made a perfect performance (however, I felt sometimes he looked a bit sad... need to think about this one)

Photos to come soon
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: club 100- 20th March 2010

Post by sunshine »

let's try this!
Attachments
IMG_5443.jpg
IMG_5443.jpg (41.97 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
IMG_5412.jpg
IMG_5412.jpg (49.89 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
IMG_5409.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg (40.17 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

time to go to bed as I am swimming in 5 hours!
Attachments
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg (36.29 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
IMG_5449.jpg
IMG_5449.jpg (23.19 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
IMG_5448.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg (42.69 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

OK, 3 more!
Attachments
IMG_5572.jpg
IMG_5572.jpg (26.15 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
IMG_5561.jpg
IMG_5561.jpg (39.65 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
IMG_5505.jpg
IMG_5505.jpg (32.63 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

THIS IS SOOOOOOOO HARD FOR ME :wink: :wink:

Ok in all seriousness - thank you soooooooooooooo much José for all the pics, set list and everything !!! (damn maybe i'm suddenly becoming your number 1 fan or you gotta start a Suede site of your own????!!!!!!)....

This is amazing for me to see lol!!!! Ok will calm down - but although I may not have been there in the physical presence at all times I feel I am one of THE biggest Suede fans (very little I have ever had to bitch about their songs and I live and breath their songs even now!!!!)...

Ok I am most excited about Richard and Neil - both look so good and healthy (I know that doesn't reflect on their musical ability but both have had their issues with weight and health lol!!!!).... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hang on actually we don't have to debate the musical ability - for instance we already know that Richard is THE Suede guitarist - for all the Bernard lick-assing there has ever been (yes he's a good musical interpretor and guitarist) Richard is the riffiest, punkiest most diverse and coolest sounding guitarist we've ever heard right???? (before anyone complians i've heard Richard and Bernard live and i'm afraid the oakster seems to come up trumps despite all the nostaligia posturing!!!!!) :D :D :D :D

And Neil standing up and back to playing guitar!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: - maybe he can prove himself as a match for Mr Lee but whatever I am happy to see the cool lizard man that oozed the era of 'Coming Up' back in the fold!!!! 8) :D

Before I go ok José here it is - thank you very much for everything - you are devoted and special and even though you made the awful mistake of 'rod stewart' i now fully trust your judgement lol!!!!

In all seriousness hope you had a gr8 b'day and sounds so fucking exciting for weds night (can't wait!!!! :D :D :D )....

Please José tell us a bit more (know u are a man of a few words!!!)

Oh and btw - I fucking arrived with about 15 mins to go of sheff weds match v derby county thanks to the road up north being closed - government cunts!!! (0-0 in the end anyway) so I had a gr8 b'day myself!!!! :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway- least I got a copy of the divine Brett masterpiece "the words of Brett Anderson" (which I am over half way through!!!) and the Berlin USB stick ......!!! :D :D :D :D

So despite everything I am a happy boy and as you know sun love and hate is a close run thing!!!

thanx for the feedback sun!!!!.....

Looking forward to the whole of fucking London being blown into oblivion on weds!!!

Barnet back huh??? (he's a fucking fairweather friend lol - but u know never a bad word from me after he gave me that acknowledgement lol!!!! :roll: :roll: ) - credit where it's due - he ran the fanclub VERY well!!!!....

I don't blame Richard for feeling sad - he's a fucking TOP guitarist that was dumped by Brett for that Mr Butler (that of course was great but just not quite as good as his student lol!!!!)...

I see Rich as sensitive - he's sooooooooooooo underated - possibily my fav member of Suede - I always love seeing and hearing him - and ok - straight - better than Butler (heard some live recordings of butler where he has been woefully outta tune lol - just to try and seem edgy lol)!!!!!

Mr Oakes is far more consistently a great musician and I feel sorry for him - he is unlooked when he is vastly talented and always seems so nice!!!

fuck ok i'm pissed - damn it - but talking sense too!!!! Just always get really riled by people (mainly in the press) talking about fucking Bernard Butler!!!) - don't get me wrong - I love suede, dms and the tears but sometimes it's like richard never existed even though he IS a better guitarist and the fact he has a far more successful record for hit songs and albums!!!

Anyway i've disgraced myself enough already - I just hope for plenty a rarieties and that Mr Oakes gets the success he desreves after this with Mr Mcghee!!! oh and of course all the best for the others (we hardly need to support Mr anderson, osmn and gilbert but ther you go)!!! and that neil stays strong and performs!!! and a thought spared for mr Lee - butler is doing well enough and has his nose stuck high enough in the air not to worry about all this though lol!!! (i'll give him credit for being quite graceful about the reformation though!!!!)....
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

btw - i am pissed right now so ignore the above (at least anything positive about José!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: )...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

If you hadn't already guess i'm fucking excited now - Brett is Brett but let's remember that Suede is/are a legend!!!!! :D :D :D

Damn the idea of hearing the most exciting and special and sacred band in the world to me for the first time in 8 years is like this!!!!!!!!!! - :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

please somebaody stop me lol - sorry folks!!!! :roll: a little too excited i guess and it is my birthday!!!!
Vision2000

Post by Vision2000 »

Can I stop you just by saying you're right ? Indeed I'm on Richies 'side' as well, and love to see Neil, cause those two contributed to my favourite music ever. They both look good, beautiful AND sensitive, I think it is very nobel of them to stand up for this good cause. And I think Mat should lose the beard. Lol :)

Excellent day to stay up all night, and drink some coffee at 5 in the morning, which is what I'm gonna do now, it's the weekend after all ! Hope you have a lovely time with some pints, and ofcourse listening to the best music there is ;)

*And thanks for the pics, I was so curious !!!!*
Vision2000

Post by Vision2000 »

Owww... and before I forget,

Happy Birtday !
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

happy birthday to whom - me or him lol???? and if you're talking drinks i think mr sun is a tee-total unlike me!!! soz - sobering up now to my usual sense of extreme discomfort and horror lol!!!...

Oh i guess you were talking to me huh??? thanx!!! and thanx if that birthday greeting was aimed at me - it was interesting!!! i think travelling zapped me today because i actually drank less than normal!!!!... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Vision2000

Post by Vision2000 »

Yes, I was talking to you, or is it not your birthday?

I have posted here before, you know, the Dutch girl who never goes to gigs!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah but it is both my birthday and mr sunshines too!!!! :D :D :D (well was - it's over now!!!)....

Maybe someone spiked my drink???!!! please mr sunshine - I have been so nice to you - no pisstaking about the fact that i've "done it again"!!! i couldn't help it - I had to gush about Suede u know me!!!! just happens that it comes across worse after i've had a few tipples lol!!! :lol: :roll: :oops:

vision 2000 - never - ever???
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

oh btw - who played harmonica on obsessions????!! and is it wrong of me to say neil looks kinda hot lol??? :shock: :oops: or cool might be a better phrase lol!!!! :lol: 8) :shock: :roll:
Vision2000

Post by Vision2000 »

Well... more Ever than Never.
Groningen 1995
London 1996
Utrecht 1997
Utrecht 1999

Best gig was 95, was in third row and that made me buy all their records and stuff. Utrecht 1997 was all right, people dancing on the stairs, everyone dressed in black (audience). Expected them on Lowlands as well in '97, but a few weeks after I bought tickets it was announced Suede couldn't come. So watched Blur, Pavement and Kula Shaker instead. It used to be a top festival. Unfortunately it's gone all commercial now.... !

Alex Lee right ? (it was his harmonica debut)

;)