club 100- 20th March 2010

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: club 100- 20th March 2010

Post by sunshine »

what did you make of Brett's 'let's do this again in 7 years', girls?
Brettspiel
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by Brettspiel »

when did he say that? must have been after i lost parts of my ability to make out words... at some point it was only music in my head. it was quite scary after the gig, for at least half an hour mumbling and shouting and noise came from any direction, I couldn't tell anymore were sounds came from. was a bit worn out after the gig, the horrible nihgt before and so on. :roll:

7 years? would be a bit long! but if some people have to recover so long, well, then i will wait! :D
Brettspiel

Post by Brettspiel »

do i remember right? don't find New Generation on the setlist over there! but they played it, didn't they?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

yes, remember I have got a setlist!
Brettspiel

Post by Brettspiel »

thats why I asked you! :)

still in HEAVEN! Image
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

sunshine wrote:what did you make of Brett's 'let's do this again in 7 years', girls?
I think it was a kind of joke combined with a: I have so much fun doing it, let's see if we can do it again some time

but well for various reasons I don't think it will be a full reunion
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

agree!!
btw, safe journey home?
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

Yes, we made it. I was at home around 2 p.m. today and had a 3-hours sleep until now, but now I'm really tired. I should cook and eat something. Just had a few sandwiches and stuff the last 2 days. :?

ah and I have a huuug bruise on my wrist :lol:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

set list in Manchester is different, so I guess RAH will be a mixture of the ones they feel better playing live... or all of them! :P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

uploaded my few pix on fb :wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

good stuff....!!!
some albino

Post by some albino »

Brettspiel

Post by Brettspiel »

So I try (in my poor words) to describe the very first ( maybe one and only) suede gig.

Starting before the show! Was amazing to get to know new people – a thing I love at gigs! Lovely Tracy (i met her before but finally got in touch on Saturday) and Mike , a guy from the states who never saw them before tho being a fan from the early dsay on. I hope he will pop up in here soon, such a lovely person and devoted fan! We were lucky to hear the soundcheck which was amazing, the first songs and sounds of suede, live! And just in the basement under our feet!

After having glued ourselves to the barrier, eagerly awaiting the show to begin, time was nice enough to fly, chatting, laughing, and lasz but not the least, the really entertaining and enjoyable support Hoodlums (check them out!) brought suede closer and closer.

And then they came, heart attack, seeing first Richard then Simon (the two of them were close enough from our place), I adore both of them. Mat and Neil went to their places and then Brett! The dark and broody sound of Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack had to leave for the strong and heart-battering drum intro of She, one of my favs anyway! Amazing, amazing, amazing. The song overwhelmed the venue, deep and crystal clear, full of melody and rich sound. I didn't know were to look at, brett always catches my eyes like a magnet but I was eager to soak in the sight to behold: Simon, Rivhard, Mat and Neil, together with Brett on stage, being suede. And they were suede. All i was in hope to get from them they gave me. Brilliant music, professional playing, a good choice of songs, passion, energy, a devoted audience, a Brett who runs and jumps forwards, backwards, left and right like a loosened wildcat (with the very grace of one, too!), maybe shoot, the reason to be that aggressive. Brett throwing himselve into the people, courageous and brave, let them touch, grab and pull him. Not missing even one note to sing in its place – what an outstanding singer and performer!

The others right in tune and sound, too. Richard playing each note perfectly, giving the songs his touch I love. Mat swinging his gangly body and his bass, having the time of his live there on stage. Simon playing casual and fluffy though with such an energy, the rich drums to the booming bass, a real pleasure to watch and listen to the guys! Neil was Neil how he is known. Elegant, slender, beautiful like Dorian Gray, cool and some attractive kind of distant. Good to see him playing keys and guitars and harmonica instead of sitting around at some time!

The band amazed me far beyond believe with 90 minutes in full concentration to make the night to be remembered forever!!

The mosh pit was one sticky, hot, sweaty, wet, boiling cauldron and us in the centre of it, between them and Brett all the time. The living dead at some point. (I'm grinning)...

The living Dead was a highlight for me. Reminded me on several brett shows I went to. Just him and the guitar, singing a capella at times and being so much into it, heart and soul, which I always absolutely love about him!But being most of the suede show wht it was, i'm perfectly fine with the aggressive energy, the bouncing and hopping and screaming and shouting and sweating and stuff. Suede is fun fun fun fun....

which may lead now to the comparison:

you all know I haven't been a suede fan, i have been a Brett fan from since I saw him live at a festival in the summer of 2007. I immeditely bought his solo album and fell in love with it (Like I totally fell in love with the Man in the very first second my greedy eyes fell on him). Discovered the suede stuff very soon after that, in a very short time. Never had the excitement waiting for a suede album, i just listened to them one after another in a fortnight. First was Coming Up, because there was Saturday Night clinging in my head for days after the show I saw. I fell for it and it is my favourite!

But there were Brett albums to wait for, being excited about news and stuff, and there were the fantastic shows to the albums I saw all over Europe! There were the premieres which were quite exclusive to me! Meeting Brett a few times, discovering his lovely personality, ah you know...well.

Bretts shows are magical. Emotional, heart-breaking at times, making me cry and wishing to protect Brett against everything the cruelty of the world could to to him (e.g. music industry!)... The shows and Brett solo touches me deeply – which suede (for a number of obvious reasons) can't...

It's different and thats great, variety is one thing that makes life better!

I won't like Brett to slow down or even stop his solo career for suede, never, no way. But I would be very very fine with a suede show now or then. A proper reunion isn't very likely though, I suppose. Has to do with my feelings towards the absence of casuality regarding Richard. He played wonderful, but he didn't love it. A pity, but maybe understandable after the „Butler-hype“ of the last weeks. I told my husband before: If those suede shows are a test for the reunion, then it might win or lose only with Richard, the guitar-player and co-songwriter. It lost, I'm afraid. :cry: :cry:

discuss.
Brettspiel

Post by Brettspiel »

some albino wrote:Full photo report in Belgian press

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/946/Muziek/pho ... jaar.dhtml
thanks for that! finally someone bought the getty images and made them saveable! :D

this one is the best: