have you been to suede.co.uk?

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
flash_girl

Re: have you been to suede.co.uk?

Post by flash_girl »

Jan wrote:
Gareth wrote:Never been to Denmark - might be worth a visit :D
I've been to the Smukfest Festival some years ago to see Suede. Except for a lot of beer as of 7AM (and Suede of course), no special reasons to go there :lol:
OI!! 8)

I actually think its a really nice festival, quite well organised, in a forrest and usually the weather is good :D

TIckets are expensive thats unfortunately typically Denmark!
Hope to see some of you there! And / or hope for more dates to see you other places :D
xxx
Danielle
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it's like a romance with your country, flash girl... the Copenhagen brett solo rocked!
Jan
Pilot

Post by Jan »

flash_girl wrote: OI!! 8)
In fact I enjoyed Smukfest a lot in 2002 !!
Attachments
smuk.png
smuk.png (235.39 KiB) Viewed 13273 times
flash_girl

Post by flash_girl »

ahhh that picture brings back memories :)
Im glad you had a good time, come back! hehe
xxx
Danielle
kats_d

Post by kats_d »

flash_girl wrote:ahhh that picture brings back memories :)
I really didn't like Brett in his 'rolled-up sleeve muscle shirt' phase of 2002... He looks sooooo much better now, and his stage antics at RAH were again a thousand times better than when I saw them in 2002... I thought back then he'd gone a bit 'stadium band'... It hurts me to say these horrible things, but I feel I can, because their comeback last week was beyond my wildest dreams and expectations!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Oh I used to like his pumped up muscle shaking mic swinging thrusting antics - looks a bit too girly and poofy these days with his stage antics - even more than the early days lol!!!!! All that shuffling was a bit weird - at least he still managed to boot a bottle of water into the crowd...!!!! 8) :D :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

haha... I thought about that too. I wonder if he had trained for that!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Maybe he got the shuffling from a bullfighter sun???!!! :shock: :shock: Looked like how they move to me - perhaps he was honing his performance ready for his spanish show???!! Óle...!!!

looks a bit too fragile for all the old stage antics lol - ok i guess people would say he's moved on and got older and of course we still have occasional hand clapping and pogoing and jumping but I used to like the insanity of the cu, hm and anm eras - oh and the dms era was one of my favs for his performance....!!

anyway again i am now saying no more about performance before i get accused of being frivolous!!!!

No talk of hair, style, performance here - must all be about substance - songwriting, guitar chords, amps, effects pedals etc...!!! :roll: :wink:

Oh btw - I guess the interview never happened Jan??? maybe u can try and bring that back to the forefront some point in the future??? Thought some of the questions we came up with were quite good...!

And there wasn't even a hint of a question like "which do you think works best to keep your hair so shiny and manageable?? - 'wash and go' (with its natural plant extracts) or 'head & shoulders' (with its mild anti-dandruff formula)"!!!! :roll: :wink: :)

a lot of eye-rolling needed today!!!! :roll: me being a try hard lol!!!! for reference see the other place....!!
flash_girl

Post by flash_girl »

kats_d wrote:
flash_girl wrote:ahhh that picture brings back memories :)
I really didn't like Brett in his 'rolled-up sleeve muscle shirt' phase of 2002... He looks sooooo much better now, and his stage antics at RAH were again a thousand times better than when I saw them in 2002... I thought back then he'd gone a bit 'stadium band'... It hurts me to say these horrible things, but I feel I can, because their comeback last week was beyond my wildest dreams and expectations!
Well the festival and the gig was still pretty good imo.. hence the good memories :D I agree the reunion i RAH was much better than I ever thought as well, I hope the smuk fest gig will be better than the 2002 one too, eventhough every gig with them now is like a fairytale after not thinking they would ever come back.. :roll:
xxx
Danielle
jarvizcocker

Post by jarvizcocker »

Are there flights going directly there?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

from where? not direct, but close
jarvizcocker

Post by jarvizcocker »

close with transit? i've bought my ticket now and am worrying about it now as i can't drive/know no one in denmark etc. TYPICAL ME.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

have you tried this?
http://www.smukfest.dk/index.asp?id1=22 ... rans/da/en

there is a forum there too where I am sure that the lovely danish people will help you!
YaaL

Post by YaaL »

jarvizcocker wrote:close with transit? i've bought my ticket now and am worrying about it now as i can't drive/know no one in denmark etc. TYPICAL ME.
It won't be that bad, they do speak English there (:

Back to the subject: you have to fly to Aarhus, and from there take a train/coach to Skanderborg. Unfortunately the airport is on the other side of town, but I'm sure there's some kind of shuttle service.
metalmickey

Post by metalmickey »

I bought my ticket for Smukfest 2 weeks ago, so I'll be going too this year :)

I live in Århus, so I'll be going to Skanderborg by car with my girlfriend. I can bring 2 or 3 people along if the timing is right :D

Some practical information and links:

The airport closest to Skanderborg is Århus/Tirstrup Airport. The airport is located about 35 km North-East of Århus. The airport website is http://www.aar.dk/default.asp?id=87

To go from the airport to Skanderborg, you need to take the airport shuttle bus to Århus. For more info click here: http://www.aar.dk/default.asp?id=83 The ticket is about £9 one-way.

The bus will arrive in Århus right outside the trainstation. From here you can either take the train or the bus. The train takes about 15-20 minutes, and the bus takes about 1 hour. The bus you can take is no. 107. I don't know the prices for the train or the bus, but Skanderborg is only about 30 km away from Århus, so I guess it will be about £6-8 one-way.

In Skanderborg, the festival is within walking distance from the train-station (as far as I remember), but I'm sure there'll be shuttle-busses aswell.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :D

/Thomas