Suedeness

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
Canine_in_the_a_line

Re: Suedeness

Post by Canine_in_the_a_line »

Be my god.... yes ! I got a little nostalgic reading Love and Poison and happened to find somebody selling a copy. Then chickened out. Would you buy one ? It's the only record in existence with Mike Joyce, Justine, Bernard, Brett and Matt on. It is also I believe the only Suede recording which has the Madchester buzz to it.

They were going for around 120 squid when Coming Up was released but were hard as f'ck to find. Apparently, Justine threw her copy in the bin and half the numbers originally pressed ended up in a skip. A quality control pressing which was found when a record press in Slough was shut down went for 150, but is possibly the FIRST EVER Suede vinyl pressing. Imagine owning that ?!

The copy I found was from somebody who went to Haywards Heath 6th form and knew somebody who followed the manager and band around a lot in the early 90's.

Looking at the Les Paul tomorrow ! Wondering if my wife will get cross ?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah i quite like BMG as well - a copy was up for sale on eil.com ages back but it disappeared pretty rapidly - u can request the next one to turn up but god knows when that'll happen!!!

didn't Justin welch provide the drums for Art too???

btw don't worry about ur wife - she'd only waste the money on stupid things like clothes and make-up!!!!! :lol: :roll: :shock:
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

mark wrote:yeah i quite like BMG as well - a copy was up for sale on eil.com ages back but it disappeared pretty rapidly - u can request the next one to turn up but god knows when that'll happen!!!

didn't Justin welch provide the drums for Art too???

btw don't worry about ur wife - she'd only waste the money on stupid things like clothes and make-up!!!!! :lol: :roll: :shock:
To be fair, things on eil are about a million times the price of things on eBay.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

that is true of course - the only thing i'd say about eil is as the are properly sourced and reliable at least u know what u are getting, that u will actually get it and also that there is more chance of rarities turning up on there... can't really always say any of that about ebay - but keep ur eyes peeled in case - u never know!!!!