What's with the stallions...

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
SoGone
Flight attendant

What's with the stallions...

Post by SoGone »

...on the sleeves of "The Wild Ones" and one of the debut's singles (I think it's "So Young")? I mean, what's with there being pigs in the lyrics and horses in the artwork?

And while we're on the subject, I just want to say that I'm glad I wasn't into Suede as a young child, because the dude/gal on the "Trash" cover would have given me nightmares.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: What's with the stallions...

Post by mark »

The one on So Young is a stag the one on The Wild Ones is the horse!!! Terrahawks was the thing that gave me nightmares as a child hahaha - well it was so creepy but that was Saturday Morning tv for kids back in the 80's - scary, hideous puppet shows - I still watched it every week of course!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Never heard of Terrahawks; I'd say it was probably a Brit thing, but I always hated puppets, so who knows.

Puppets and clowns...who ever thought that kids would like them?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRzgB8PNtM

Zelda was the scary one - total w(b)itch!!!!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

That first puppet looks like a cheap Halloween mask.

I'm having trouble watching the video, but if Zelda's the one in the corner when it has that "Earth attacked" message, then yes...very creepy.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah she is and yeah she is!!! i remember an episode where some green slime stuff was pouring out of her mouth and being spat everywhere!!! (well either her or it might have been her equally hideous husband - I can't quite remember!!!)... Charming kids tv for a fun filled Saturday morning!!! :P :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Did you have Looney Tunes over there? We grew up with that coyote trying to blow up the roadrunner with Acme products.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

oooooh OF course!!!- all the Looney Tunes, tom and jerry, daffy, bugs et al - Hanna Barbera!!! :) Can't beat a bit of Flinstones or Top Cat!!! :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote: Can't beat a bit of Flinstones or Top Cat!!! :mrgreen:
Oh yes you can!!! I hate all those stupid kid's shows/cartoons...it was all I had when I was too young to know better. I just took what I was offered...stupid!!!

::Bangs head against desk::
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

omg u are so mean!!! so miserable!!! :( cheer up!!! :D :D :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

You sound like everyone who's ever known me long enough to judge me. That's usually one of the last things they tell me before the relationship falls apart. :shock:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

So why so sad?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

because your relationships fall apart!!! :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

That's not so sad. I mean, at least from the perspectives of the people on the other end of the relationship. They're probably glad they got away from me before we got too close.