The hazards of being a Suedehead

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
SoGone
Flight attendant

The hazards of being a Suedehead

Post by SoGone »

...so I was walking down a strip mall yesterday, and I'd just played Sci-Fi Lullabies for the first time in a while, and so I was singing Bentswood Boys. Just when I got to the "black girls in a white boy's world" line, I passed (you guessed it) a pack of black girls in a circle outside a store, smoking cigarettes. They shot me dirty looks and I scurried away.

As a side note, I've been listening to/loving/singing along with Bentswood Boys and Beautiful Ones for a year and a half, and I just noticed yesterday that they both have the phrase "high on diesel" in their first lines. I don't know what's more pathetic, that I took so long to notice this, or that I noticed it at all.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: The hazards of being a Suedehead

Post by mark »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're lucky that they only shot you dirty looks and didn't actually shoot you!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

omg you never noticed the two 'high on diesel' references in the past???!!!! I noticed it the first time I heard 'Bentswood' when I bought 'Sci-Fi' back in 1997!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: I'd love to hear you singing about 'Bentswood Boys', sounds kinda gay! - i'd actually like to hear you sing full stop (you haven't got a whiny voice have you????)!!!! You don't sing on any of your youtube videos do you???!!!! Oh and btw, you're missing out on hearing my own, fine voice by not being on facebook!!!! You should join, maybe for once in your life you could belong to a place where you would actually have some friends!!!! :mrgreen: I'd be one at least!!!! :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...I also didn't notice that So Young and By The Sea have similar openings, but in my defense, By The Sea isn't one of my all-time favorites, and it took me some time to figure out what the hell the opening of "So Young" was!

That said, I like to think I'm familiar with most of the other "Suede cliches"!

No, I don't sing on Youtube! And I'm opposed to Facebook on principle.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

What principle????!!! That it's all about friendship and you don't have any friends????!!!! :shock: :roll: :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

That's part of it, sure.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

(the joy to be a suedehead!)

And you said that we were just good friends
But we jump red lights all the way to the end
God's gift, there you go again