BUYING Suede LPs

This is the only place on the Suede Online forum where you can trade your Suede stuff.
lazarus

BUYING Suede LPs

Post by lazarus »

In case anyone reads this and wants to get rid of his/her Suede albums..
I'm back into vinyls again, cds are over for me.
I'm not looking to buy them in order to sell them afterwards and making money, i'm a Suede fan since 1992.
Of course i wouldn't pay a fortune, don't try me.
In our lifetime those who kill, the newsworld hands them stardom
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: BUYING Suede LPs

Post by sunshine »

why? in the era everyone is getting digital???
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Because any REAL music fan knows that the only way to properly listen to music is vinyl!!!! Well that's what all the experts say, but it's such a long time since i've listened to vinyl I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not I think they're right or wrong!!!!! :lol: :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

do they still make record players??
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

probably somewhere.... :) :D
lxccg023

joke

Post by lxccg023 »

[align=left]Teacher:Why are you late for school every morning? [font=Arial]cheapest wow gold[/font]
Tom:Every time I come to the corner,a sign says,"School-Go slow". [font=Arial]cheapest wow gold[/font]
[/align]
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

C
lazarus

Post by lazarus »

Looks obvious you never gave a try to listening one of your favourite albums on vinyl with a proper turntable.
Turntables are still manufactured and much more than you think. There's a real increase in vinyl consumption again.
The only problem is to manage to find the albums you already own on cd in their vinyl version. Suede albums do all exist as LPs but are sold way too expensive on amazon or ebay (and for second hand stuff, not even mint).
A couple of years ago, i decided to buy a proper turntable, you can find a rather good one for under 250€ (Projekt, by instance).
I then gave a listen to my old Smiths albums (yep i'm that old) and i can say i'd never heard them like this before with their mediocre cd pressings.
From then on i always tried to order the vinly version of new releases i wanted to buy and definitely not the cd as anyway it take a couple of minutes to get it on the internet in 320kbs quality if i want to listen to those on my computer or ipod.

Vinyl rules. And vinyl covers do really rule. I have some exposed on my walls. It's beautiful.
In our lifetime those who kill, the newsworld hands them stardom
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

don't get me wrong... i have a few old suede albums and singles in vinyl... but I find the cd format so much better... i particularly like the sleeves
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I have to admit as a kid growing up in the 80's when it was only Vinyl I used to be totally mesmerised by the huge, cardboard fold out sleeves and all the intricate designs and artwork :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

lol... showing your age! :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

At least I admit my REAL age unlike some!!!!... :shock: :lol: :wink: We can't be '22' forever!!!!!! :lol: :P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it's a catchy line from the suede song, innit? :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yeah, and as I said previously if you double up I think you'll find we're nearer the truth with your age!!!!! :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

f.o. :lol: