solo album news from brett himself

For all your discussions about Brett's solo career.
sunshine
Flight attendant

solo album news from brett himself

Post by sunshine »

september release!!

arcs-en-ciel noir, the five stages of grief new
Posted by: brett anderson
Date: March 29, 2011 11:27AM
For any of you wondering about what's happening with the release of the next opus there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I went to the park this morning and as the London skies began to bruise i listened to the whole thing in sequence . Ten songs about loss and life carved from the sessions we started last year.
I'm always pleased with my records when they are finished, that's virtually the definition of finishing them or you'd carry on chipping away until you were happy.
But I've lived with these songs for nearly a year now and i'm still finding hidden corners.
Like Slow Attack, i think this record has stealth. Unlike that record it has noise and fury.

The people who decide these things have been talking about a September release. I'm counting the days.

Thanks

x

http://brettanderson.co.uk/forum/read.php?2,216952
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Re: solo album news from brett himself

Post by some albino »

Fabulous news. So a kind of electric Slow Attack, maybe? So how will the songs work out with improvisations?

So we have the reissues to get through the Summer. A Fall release of Brett is always something to look forward to. He is the perfect Fall and Winter artist.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

yeah... and as simon only suggested to rich last week, artmagic (who also release their album in the autumn) should be the openers (although he said maybe it should be the other way round!)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Artmagic better than Brett???!!! Get away!!! I hope SimonOnly was joking???!!!! I've only heard a few clips of some of their songs on myspace but overall i'm not very impressed lol - maybe they are a different proposition live???!!!... It's a shame because as you know I love Richard...

I think it will be quite different to Slow Attack - he mentioned noise and fury and I definitely think Brittle Heart, Unstoppable and Actors shows that in particular... And of course I love This Must Be Where It Ends and Unsung too!!!... :) I think potentially it could be his best album - and in retrospect hmm - it's weird because as an album Slow Attack is probably his most consistant work but as a set of individual songs I think 'Brett Anderson' is the best thing he's done - but also I LOVE much of Wilderness too - that album has some of my favourite songs of his - A Different Place, The Empress, Funeral Mantra and P. Marius...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

no, it was rich who made that comment in a joking way :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant