leuven 05/10/11

For all your discussions about Brett's solo career.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: leuven 05/10/11

Post by sunshine »

:D
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by some albino »

Have a great time in London! i'll be there in my thoughts… Be my ears!

I hope that you get what you want to hear!!

Well, what would a Suede gig be without Animal Nitrate or Metal Mickey. So please Brett think about your solo classics as well!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

will do... and good point, sa!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

your thoughts were very helpful, sa... Koko was great!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

indeed :D
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

I know that sounds stupid, but I'm missing u all already.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it's not stupid! :D
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Disappointed I haven't been able to see Brett on this tour, I think BR is his best solo album by a million miles... I agree that the debut had some stand out tracks but as a whole I don;t think 'Brett Anderson' was quite strong enough, there are a few too many thow away songs - but of course stuff like LID, TTW, Infinite Kiss, SFMF are stand out tracks of that era - surprised he hasn't played anything at all from the debut on this latest tour - Unsung, This Must Be Where It Ends, Possesion are incredible sings - love Crash About To Happen, Brittle Heart, Actors, Thin Men Dancing, I Count The Times - I think this is probably the first ever Brett solo where I can't pick a weak song... I don't get how people didn't hear BR for the first time and were not instantly blown away - I heard the sampler clips on youtube a couple of months back and was totally blown away - Brett actually making the kind of songs we've missed these past few years - I love the ballads, I really like the debut album, I adore Wilderness but sometimes Brett has also been treading a bit of water - Slow Attack had several great, greast moments but - that album I thought showed he was losing his way a bit -the great songs (Hymn, The Hunted, Frozen Roads, Leave Me Sleeping) are just that but as a whole I dunno, I find it his most dull album - the breadth of soundscapes and the woodwind was a nice idea but after a while that is an autopilot album - great background music - after the first two solo albums I think Slow Attack was a disappointment (yeah I know a lot of people really love SA, but it truly is an album I could have on in the background and take little notice of)... Sonically, vocally it's better than his debut but the songs just merge into one another - it's a nice album, a really nice album I could put on now and listen to - but there is little to excite me or blow me away - there are moments on his debut that do that, A LOT of moments on Wilderness that do that (even though it's an acoustic album, his voice, the clarity, the subtly, the passion, the heartbreak - you can hear it in that album)... I'm just so happy he's come back with an album like Black Rainbows that blows all the cobwebs away because with SA it was like he was beginning to go down an alley with a dead end - that said I think i'm going to listen to Slow Attack again later on - there is a definite kind of beauty in parts of it...

Sorry this went a bit off topic but people were talking about how BR plays live and the fact they are unsure about some of the songs - I love it on record and have seen some youtube videos at least of the live shows and it looks great - I last saw Brett in Sheperds Bush at the start of last year for the SA - it wasn't my most favourite of shows - when he moved on to stuff from Wilderness/BA it was a real change, a positive reaction with the songs which also affected the crowd - listening to SA live didn't really do it for me - i've heard some of those songs on youtube from the latest tour and they sound much more polished live now - back then they were a bit thin, brett's voice holding everything together - one thing to note on that tour (SA) was how when Brett play stuff like LID, TTW and Back To You live towards the end it was almost like his greatest hits - suddenly playing Suede songs at his live shows had become irrelevant because 3 albums down the line stuff from his debut now sounded like classics from days gone by... :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

thanks for the essay! :wink:
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

you sound like teacher... oh u are? :D

sorry :oops:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Marks out of ten??? (And don't be rude! :P :shock: :roll: :( )
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

bitch... not tooo bad I guess...
sunshine
Flight attendant