Brett Anderson Joins Nadine for Songs in the Key of Life

For all your discussions about Brett's solo career.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/85537/

Songs in the Key of Life with Nadine O'Regan
Written By: Today FM
The Suede Frontman is Picking the Tunes
Brett Anderson on Songs in the Key of Life
"I've always thought sexuality is an important part of pop music. Anodyne pop music doesn't appeal to me. I like something that grabs you."
Brett Anderson doesn't mince his words when it comes to the art of making pop music. When the Suede frontman arrived onto Songs in the Key of Life recently, he was more than happy to talk about what he loves in music, as well as reflect on Suede's illustrious legacy -- the band are celebrating 25 years since the release of their debut eponymous album, and he has also just published his first memoir, the beautifully written Coal Black Mornings, which tracks back over his early days.
"In the early days, your ideas outstrip your ability," Breff said on the show. "But then we met [Suede guitarist] Bernard Butler and he really could play. He was leaping around the fretboard."
Suede have gone through line-up changes and break-ups over the years, but the band have been back together since 2010 and are currently mixing a new album for release. Until the new music makes it into the world, however, there's Brett's book and the rerelease of Suede's debut to immerse yourself in -- and, of course, his song list, a collection of tracks which reflect his influences.
Listen back to the show in full by clicking the play button top right and tell us what you think by tweeting @nadineoregan or @songsinthekey.

Brett Anderson's Playlist

1.Suede 'Animal Nitrate'
2.Sex Pistols 'Holidays in the Sun'
3.Felt 'Primitive Painters'
4.Pet Shop Boys 'Rent'
5.Suede 'The Next Life'
6.Joni Mitchell 'Both Sides Now'
7.Rachmaninov 'Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini Variation 18'
8.Bob Dylan 'North Country Blues'
9.David Bowie - 'Warszawa'
10.Interpol 'NYC'