Can we all agree that Kate Bush's music is brilliant?

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Can we all agree that Kate Bush's music is brilliant?

Post by SoGone »

...maybe?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Re: Can we all agree that Kate Bush's music is brilliant?

Post by Gareth »

Agreeed! :)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yay! :D
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

You're cheap as the perfume that you wear
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:lol: Yeah I like her but, hmmm I don't actually own any of her albums!!!! :shock: But I do have an obvious couple of songs - 'Wuthering Heights' and 'Running Up That Hill'... I like 'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' too - that's songs about masturbation right???!!! :shock: Or am I confusing it with that song 'Turning Japanese' by The Vapours???!!!... :? Or maybe it's both of them!!!... How did this topic get onto sex anyway lol???... :shock: :roll: Oh and i'm sure there are plenty of other great Kate moments I am missing out on....
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I'm probably the only Kate fan in the world who thinks that Running Up That Hill is one of her worst songs...it kept me off of her for years...

But "Wuthering Heights" is one of my all-time top 10 songs (note: my top ten list, at any given point, is culled from approximately 268 songs). And I didn't know that The Man With The Child In His Eyes was supposedly about wanking until I read Love & Poison (two days ago)!....
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Everybody smiles because we shock the winter
Everybody sits round to watch the sky

(female singers... go for bonnie t - hahahahaha)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Do americans ever actually use the term 'wanking' or is that just a british thing???... you guys always seem to call it jerking or jacking... sorry, i'll stop talking about that now before I start to sound toooooo interested!!!!

oh and btw, I know why you hate 'Running Up That Hill' - it's a fantastic song of course but it's full of digitised dogs barking so being a dog hater you're bound to despise it!!!!!... :shock: :o :(

oh and sun - bonnie t - omg!!!! :lol: :shock: :( How on earth are u a suede fan when u like her and the old scotsman ???!!!! :lol: :roll: imagine the two of them doing a duet, that would be a way to bring about world peace, just play that to the warring factions and they'd be like "please, stop, I beg you, we surrender, we'll give peace a chance, anything, just kill that awful racket"!!!!! :shock: :lol: 8) :P :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

The more laddish guys call it "beating your meat" or other such unappealing terms...in general, it's either hipsters or people who listen to too much Britpop who use the term "wanking." "Jacking off" is never used; "jerking off" is preferred.

For the record, I think the song "Hounds of Love" is one of her all-time greatest creations...one of those songs that makes me cry every time (yes, I'm very emo).
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Interesting use of terms... awwwww - you're sweet!!! (about Hounds of Love, not wanking)!!! Oh, and btw, I have only ever cried to 'P. Marius' and 'Forest Lullaby'... And as I don't know how clued up you are on his solo stuff, they're both songs by Brett....
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

(we want a mark version :lol: )

You said that we were just good friends
But we jump red lights all the way to the end
There you go, there you go again
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Jeeze, has anyone else here ever cried to Suede? I think I've cried while listening to songs like "Trash," but only because they're so true and beautiful and happy that it makes everything else in the world seem insignificant.

Come to think of it, happy songs tend to make me cry more than sad songs do. I mean, fuck, I've cried while listening to "London You're A Lady," definitely not one of the darker Pogues songs...

And the part in Fairytale Of New York that always gets me is the second verse, i.e., the happy one...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

And I always thought that I was the emotional one round here!!!! :lol: :roll:

Never cried to Suede I dont think, although I am sure the likes of 'The Living Dead' and 'Still Life' must have got me close...

and a 'mark version' of what sun???!!!! :? :? :? :?:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:?