Do you wear glasses?

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Do you wear glasses?

Post by SoGone »

I've needed them since I was a little kid, but only last year did I start wearing them regularly.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: Do you wear glasses?

Post by sunshine »

no sincer i had laser about 10 years ago
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

no never needed glasses to date but probably will at some point as both my parents regularly use them now in later life... and where is a pic as an example btw???!!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

sunshine wrote:no sincer i had laser about 10 years ago

Wow; I'm surprised, because you're so young for that...were your eyes that bad, or do you have different insurance rules over there? I know here you have to wait for cataracts (if that was it) to completely ripen before they'll do surgery...and if one eye's really bad but the other's not (though getting there), they won't do both eyes at the same time!

Stupid bureaucrats.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:no never needed glasses to date but probably will at some point as both my parents regularly use them now in later life... and where is a pic as an example btw???!!!!...

The pic I posted showed me wearing my prescription sunglasses.

So there.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

but we couldn't see you clearly enough!!!!! :( prescription or not from what I can remember you looked good!!!...

omg you're calling sun young Andy???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Maybe you need your eyesight re-testing, he has to be at least 40 something!!!!... :lol: :wink:

As far as I know laser eye surgery is now quite a standard choice for people that want/can afford it but as I don't know too much about it i'll leave that to sunshine to explain...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...I was under the impression that 40's-early 50's is young for eye surgery...but what do I know.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

you can do it as soon as you stop growing, as i did... i did not have much but i did not like having to wear glasses.
it's quite simple... they put some drops... the cut the cornea and lift it and the burn it with the laser (you smell it), the put it down, some more drops... and then they do the other one!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Wow...

...now only to find a job that either has a good insurance policy or pays enough that I can afford it myself...

::Major sigh::
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it is not that expensive now as it was then
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Really? How much did it run for you?

Is this too personal?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

€1000 each
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

!@#$%, that's not bad at all (relatively)! You weren't lying!

I'm fairly sure it's a lot more than that here. Either they use different techniques or they're simply royally screwing us. Both are possible.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

well, the american health service...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah...I know.