eurovision on Saturday!!

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
sunshine
Flight attendant

eurovision on Saturday!!

Post by sunshine »

:lol: :wink: :roll: :oops: :D
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Re: eurovision on Saturday!!

Post by disco bunny »

no today and on Thursday there's the semi finals :D ... and I can't watch the one on Thursday :cry: because we go to the ballet :wink:

UK even has a chance to end up in the upper half, I guess... hm...
Spain has quite a fun-song, but I have no idea what their chances are... I don't think they will win though
As for Germany... I think Lena will make it in the top 10, but at least she won't fail completely :D
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I will probably watch or record it on saturday... I'm sure José loves eurovision more than anything else hehehe... He always has to give it a mention!!! :P Mind you, as I say I do always watch - I quite like Graham Norton doing the commentary these days too... Anyway so Ireland have Jedward right lol???!!!... I haven't heard the song - have to check on youtube I guess... As for UK, well I guess people will quite like Blue - I think I heard them perform it live on Graham Norton show some months back and it sounded ok but they were a bit ropey vocally I thought lol!!!.... That's weird, just as i'm typing this BBC1 is advertising eurovision right now!!!... It's always worth a laugh anyway - and the ridiculousness of the tactical points giving is entertainment in itself!!!.... Shame i'll be out after 9pm, i'll come back and watch the rest of it drunk I reckon!!!!....
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i love it!! it is sooooooooo funny!
this year it is going to be so interesting toooooo! :lol:
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

are u watching the semi-final now?

Yes, it's hilarious and I've watched it since I was a little kid... and guess which year I missed? :D last year, I was at a concert and only saw the end when Lena won.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i have just put it on!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

:lol: :roll: :oops: :mrgreen: :D
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

I'm watching too - my housemate organises a Eurovision party at our house every year so I need to get myself in the mood...
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

I wish anyone would come if I threw a party

but we can't vote today... not that I would, but I def have favourites and some I wouldn't like to see again on Saturday
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

Yeah hoping I don't see Portugal, Malta or Iceland again on Saturday...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

haha... the Portuguese were really bad! :roll:
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

my fav's are in :D

Well but sorry, Iceland is in. But with this story it was almost clear they will make it. I have to say there were surprises, e.g. Switzerland, but I loved her and of course I love Switzerland
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol:
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

Yeah not a bad set of results I guess - shame about Albania, quite liked that one.

Am currently balancing out all that Euro-pop with the new AC/DC live DVD!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Wow - I feel I missed out with you all watching and me having to get ready to go out to work last night!!!! :( :cry: Still at least I got to see the mighty 'Village People' - Portugal - actually, the fact they were so awful makes me wish they had got through to Saturday's final!!!... Btw, I always wondered - how do you actually have a eurovision party???!!!.. I mean is it just friends all watching and getting drunk - or do people actually dress up and things and eat and drink a variety of foods from around europe lol???!!!... Some people even keep score and give a mark out of 12 for each country they watch right???!!!... I guess it's great fun - it always gives me a little chuckle anyway - it always amuses me when the worst songs in the competition STILL score higher than the UK!!!! :(

Oh and the worse country in the competition - clearly Spain!!!!... :P :shock: :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: (I HAD to say that didn't I???!!!!)... :P