2024 Outdoor shows with the MSP

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

2024 Outdoor shows with the MSP

Post by sunshine »

Suede are set to embark on a series of outdoor coheadline shows with the Manic Street Preachers in the UK and Ireland next summer.

FRI 28 JUNE - LLANGOLLEN INTERNATIONAL MUSICAL EISTEDDFOD
SAT 29 JUNE - EDEN PROJECT, CORNWALL

TUE 2 JULY - DUBLIN TRINITY COLLEGE

FRI 5 JULY - CARDIFF CASTLE
SAT 6 JULY - CARDIFF CASTLE

WED 10 JULY - EDINBURGH CASTLE

FRI 12 JULY - MANCHESTER CASTLEFIELD BOWL
SAT 13 JULY - LEEDS MILLENNIUM SQUARE

THU 18 JULY - LONDON ALEXANDRA PALACE PARK

Sign up for pre-sale at the link below before 5pm on Tuesday 10th October for exclusive pre-sale access from 9am on Wednesday 11th October. Tickets go on general sale on Friday 13th October at 9am.
https://lnk.to/MSPSuede_signup
-SuedeHQ
Attachments
2024 UK tour original.jpg
2024 UK tour original.jpg (103.79 KiB) Viewed 554 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: 2024 Outdoor shows with the MSP

Post by sunshine »

6th October 2023
Manic Street Preachers and Suede announce joint 2024 UK and Ireland tour
"We never belonged to anything apart from ourselves"
Manic Street Preachers and Suede have announced details of a joint UK and Ireland tour for summer 2024. Check out full dates and ticket details below.
The two indie giants first toured Europe together back in 1993, before last year they recreated the line-up for a US jaunt – with upcoming joint dates to follow in Japan this winter.
Now, they’ve announced details of bringing the tour to the UK and Ireland next June and July, with each act playing for approximately 75 minutes of about 16 songs, and taking it in turns to play last each evening.
“We’ve both got a dedicated fanbase, but we do share a gene pool and a rabid denomination of fans,” Manics bassist and lyricist Nick Wire said on BBC Breakfast this morning. “It’s because we never belonged to anything apart from ourselves. We were never part of grunge, we never part of Britpop.”
He added: “And we just looked better than anyone back then anyway.”
Suede frontman Brett Anderson said: “It’s really inspiring to have a band that you love playing with you. It’s like a friendly competition.”
Both bands are survivors of the ’90s – as well as alumni of the NME Godlike Genius Award. Last year, Manics frontman James Dean Bradfield explained a greater “symmetry” between the Manics and Suede.
“A lot of bands were quite short on glamour at that point [in the early 90s],” he said. “They shared the same DNA with us of trading on an underground customised glamour. They had these dystopian, J.G. Ballard landscapes in a lot of the songs, so along those lines we definitely fitted. We were both quite visceral live bands too. Brett is one loud motherfucker on stage! They kind of share the same path as us. They’ve been through a few things and they’re still here.”
The Manics and Suede were also lumped in with the Britpop movement of the ’90s. Suede had always vocally rejected their place in the genre, while Bradfield said they were able to “switch off to stuff like that”.
“We’d been around before most of those bands, except Blur,” he said. “We knew that ‘Motorcycle Emptiness’, ‘La Tristessa’, ‘Faster’, ‘Revol’, ‘Motown Junk’ and ‘You Love Us’ had existed way before Britpop had ever been a twinkle in anyone’s reproductive systems. We knew that we were apart from it, but when we got co-opted into it we weren’t bothered at all. It meant that we played to bigger audiences, sold more records and reached more people. Then all these people knew the lyrics to ‘Faster’ and ‘A Design For Life’.
“In politics you say you need to win the middle ground, you need to give up a part of your soul. Suddenly we were winning the middle ground and hadn’t given up any part of our soul.”

The full tour dates for the Manics and Suede joint UK and Ireland tour are below. Tickets are on sale from 9am BST on Friday October 13 and will be available here.
JUNE 2024
Friday 28 – Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod*
JULY 2024
Tuesday 2 – Dublin Trinity College **
Friday 5 – Cardiff Castle *
Wednesday 10 – Edinburgh Castle *
Friday 12 – Manchester Castlefield Bowl *
Saturday 13 – Leeds Millenium Square **
Thursday 18 – London Alexandra Palace Park **

*Manic Street Preachers close the show
**Suede close the show

Manic Street Preachers have been touring in support of 2021’s ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament‘, while they are also back in the studio working on the follow-up, with Wire having recently released his second solo record ‘Intimism’.
Suede are currently promoting their acclaimed ninth album ‘Autofiction’, with a run of their own UK headline shows coming up this December.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/manic-st ... hfsOesYeus
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

SJM brings Suede and Manic Street Preachers together for outdoor summer shows
by Andre Paine
SJM brings Suede and Manic Street Preachers together for outdoor summer shows
SJM has brought Suede and Manic Street Preachers together for a joint UK & Ireland tour next summer.
The promoter is behind the co-headline tour of outdoor venues in 2024. It follows the well-received joint US tour by Suede and Manic Street Preachers last year.
Suede’s agent is 13 Artists, while the Manics are booked by X-ray Touring.
Autofiction, Suede’s first album for BMG, peaked at No.2 in September 2022 (30,460 sales to date – Official Charts Company). Suede30, a 30th anniversary edition of their Mercury-winning debut, was released this year.
Manic Street Preachers are currently working on their 15th studio album, the follow-up to The Ultra Vivid Lament (Columbia), which entered the UK charts at No.1 in September 2021 (43,762 sales to date).
The groups are also playing several dates in Asia together next month in Taiwan, Singapore and Japan.
SUEDE & MANIC STREET PREACHERS – 2024 UK & IRELAND TOUR

28 June – Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod*
2 July – Dublin Trinity College **
5 July – Cardiff Castle *
10 July – Edinburgh Castle *
12 July – Manchester Castlefield Bowl *
13 July – Leeds Millenium Square **
18 July – London Alexandra Palace Park **

* Manic Street Preachers close the show
**Suede close the show

https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/sjm ... ows/088629
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Manic Street Preachers and Suede announce co-headline UK & Ireland tour
They play seven outdoor shows
Manic Street Preachers and Suede have lined up a co-headline UK & Ireland tour for June and July 2024.
The outdoor tour opens at Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod in the Manics’ native Wales on Friday 28th June and visits Dublin Trinity College, Cardiff Castle, Edinburgh Castle, Manchester Castlefield Bowl and Leeds Millennium Square before culminating at London Alexandra Palace Park on Thursday 18th July.
The two bands will take turns at closing the shows with Suede doing the honours in London, Leeds and Dublin, and Manics closing in Llangollen, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Manchester.
Tickets to Manic Street Preachers and Suede’s co-headline tour go on sale from Absolute Radio Tickets at 9am on Friday 13th October.
Manics are currently hard at work on their 15th studio album, the follow-up to 2021’s ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ which stormed in at No. 1 on the UK album chart.
They last performed in the UK this summer when they made critically acclaimed performances at Isle of Wight and Glastonbury festivals.
Suede played a completely sold-out headline UK tour earlier this year in support of their ninth studio album ‘Autofiction.’
Debuting at Number 2 on the UK Albums Chart, ‘Autofiction’ was Suede’s highest charting LP since 1999’s blockbuster ‘Head Music.’

Manic Street Preachers and Suede’s UK & Ireland tour dates:
JUNE 2024
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod – Fri 28th (Manics close)

JULY 2024
Dublin Trinity College – Tue 2nd (Suede close)
Cardiff Castle – Fri 5th (Manics close)
Edinburgh Castle – Wed 10th (Manics close)
Manchester Castlefield Bowl – Fri 12th (Manics close)
Leeds Millenium Square – Sat 13th (Suede close)
London Alexandra Palace Park – Thu 18th (Suede close)

https://planetradio.co.uk/absolute-radi ... mXjZk1-fQE
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcBFmdMMOf0&t=102s

11 Oct 2023, 12:58
Brett Anderson and James Dean Bradfield tell Chris Evans about Suede and Manics' co-headline tour
Virgin Radio
Brett Anderson and James Dean Bradfield talk to Chris Evans at Virgin Radio.
The tour begins in June at Llangollen in Wales and culminates at London’s Alexandra Palace Park in July. On the two bands teaming-up for the run of shows, Brett told Chris: “We've known each other for a long time, and we've always really enjoyed touring together. We did a tour of the States last year, which was really lovely. We actually had a lot of fun.
“I don't think either of us are super friendly with other bands, but for some reason we feel a bit almost like the kind of the outcasts that hang out together. Like the kids that don't get picked up football, sort of thing, and can just go off and read in the corner."
He added: “We've got mutual respect, which is nice.”
The two bands will take it in turns to headline and support each other. Speaking about standing side-of-stage and watching Suede, Manics’ guitarist and vocalist James said: “Watching Brett, he’s quite feral and rabid as a frontman, you know, he really goes for it. It makes you realise that actually being a proper frontman is being a musician in itself.”
The groups are also playing several dates in Asia together next month in Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. On what he has learned from touring with Suede, the Welsh guitar wizard said: “I've learned about the kind of transference of energy between them. That sounds very pretentious, I know. I would watch Richard [Oakes - guitarist] and Mat [Osman - bassist] as a rhythm section some nights, and they were just so into each other. And then I would just see Richard playing guitar. and he seemed like he was so contained, but he was putting out so much energy in the guitar. And he was doing that trick of not looking at his fretboard much. So he looked like he knew what he was doing. I just thinking ‘I've got to stop looking at my fretboard’.
He added: “And Brett just going mad and nearly knocking himself out with his microphone one night.”
Recalling a gig from back in the day, Brett said: “I once hit Richard on the head. He’d only been in the band for a few months, just after Bernard [Butler] left, and I was sort of swinging the mic round. I think we're in Milan, and suddenly I heard this clunk. And the guitar stopped and I looked over, and there's Richard lying on the floor. He had this big, egg-shaped lump on his head. He didn’t sue me, luckily!”
Speaking about touring with his pal James, Nicky Wire and Sean Moore, the Suede singer said: “Sometimes a song would just go off. I remember listening to If You Tolerate This in LA and it sounded brilliant. The audience was so into it. And you just think, okay, then it's time to up your game. There’s that nice, friendly competition.”
Talking about being a frontman in his 50s, Brett told Chris: “There's an energy that I kind of tap into when I'm on stage. It's showing a different side to the songs and it's a different kind of persona, I think. I enjoy it more and more as I get older, bizarrely enough. You’d think it'd be the other way around, but I kind of feel more comfortable on stage than I did in the 90s.”
On next year’s co-headline tour, he added: “Obviously, there's rabid Manic fans, and there's rabid Suede fans, but there's a whole group of people, there's a kind of a cross-section where they like both bands. So it makes for an interesting evening. And obviously, some people will like one band more than the other or whatever, but we both get out there and play. And there's a sense of friendly competition, which is great as well.”
Regarding who will headline which venue, James explained: “I think there's some obvious choices, like Cardiff Castle, we headline. In the London gig, Suede headline and then after that, somebody else has kind of figured it out.”
Manic Street Preachers and Suede 2024 Tour: Tickets on sale this Friday 13th October at 9am at
gigsandtours.com
https://virginradio.co.uk/the-chris-eva ... 1697022230
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Extra Cardiff date added
Attachments
2024 uk tour.jpg
2024 uk tour.jpg (103.24 KiB) Viewed 554 times
sunshine
Flight attendant