Don't forget!

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Don't forget!

Post by sunshine »

Eurovision tonight!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Don't forget!

Post by mark »

watching now lol!!!! Spain is apparently a favourite - I think our entry sounds shit - I only just heard a little bit though...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

we are playing again because some idiot went into stage during the performance!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yeah it was that 'Jimmy Jump' - the famous pitch invader at football matches who scores 'human goals' - jumping into the back of the goal net lol - seen him do that b4 - he often targets high profile events....

I don't understand why u got to do it again though - it probably actually enhanced the performance of a terrible song by a Leo Sayer wannabe - and what was with the Toy Soldiers lol??? omg sorry but yet again proves Spain can't do pop music lol....!!! To be fair it didn't interupt or put the performer off so I don't understand why they got to perform again - certainly didn't spoil the 'artistic' nature of thye performance either lol... so we had to suffer it twice... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't worry - our song was also terrible so we'll comiserate together at the end....!!!! What do you expect from a song by Pete Waterman and Mike Stock???!!!!! :shock: :roll: :cry:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

where was the UK??? right at the bottom??? :lol:

congrats to our German friends! :P
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by some albino »

Belgium did quite well this year, normally we end up at the bottom end as well. 8)

The UK was horrible, as ever! He made me think of Rick Astley! Spain was not too bad, just a bit boring and traditional, as most of the show. I missed the over the top camp performances by our Eastern Europe friends. No drag queens this year... :( Only Serbia could deliver some of the goods. :lol:

Ireland had a beautiful, classic song but it went nowhere, pity...

Happily Germany won, it's gonna be a smash, Greece or Turkey would have been awful as a winner.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I know we were bottom - and as I pointed out in what I said in my previous comment we deserved to do badly - a cheesey, lame Pete Waterman song that sounded like one of his naff acts he produced back in the 80's - the man's stuck in a time-warp!!!! Embarrassing in 2010 - so yes I accept and repeat our entry was shit!!!!

but.... ur entry was pretty weak/weird (why every year does spain always come up with some kooky loony-tune act lol???)... of course I can not deny you did much better than the UK but it still wasn't great...

Eurovision is a lot of fun - and I love the fact that by the time it's get's to the points giving that Graham Norton's become so pissed up his catty comments really finally start to come out in full flow - some of his comments about the men and women giving out the points cracked me up!!!!.... :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Turkey, greece, france, denmark, belgium all had good songs - I actually wasn't that taken by the german entry - sounded a bit better second time around at the end but thought some of the others could have done it....

turkey's song was great and greece was good too so less of that talk SA!!!!.... Please explain why the german entry was so amazing - it was ok but didn't do much for me - and yes again I know b4 anyone says anything more about the UK I repeat our entry was awful - when I heard a clip of it on the eurovision show trailer the other day I realised immediately it was gonna be bad!!!!.... For some reason the people of this country always seem to take the piss by picking the worst, campest, most embarassingly cheesey naff pop ever!!!!! maybe too many middle aged gay men voting???!!!! And getting Pete Waterman involved - who the fuck's idea was that???!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

In reality of course if this was a real competition about genuine music talent the UK would wipe the floor systematically with ever other single country involved - and u know that to be a fact!!!!!... I can hardly imagine a serious spanish act beating a serious UK entry.... I somehow think the legacy of british musical history backs that up...!!! :D 8) But of course in it's current form no serious british artist would touch this joke of a competition with a barge pole - unless they wanted to commit career suicide!!!!!....

Mind u as I say it is great fun lol!!!!! :D :D :mrgreen:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

OMG SA!!!! I also commented when I saw it that our entry sounded like Rick Astley lol - the horror of Stock and Waterman coming through in all it's hideousness!!!!.... I'm sure Matt Aitken will be breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't involve himself in this mess.... The last song that I really liked that we did in this was Jessica Garlick back in 2003... Was a reasonable kind of torch song ballad - cheesey pop just doesn't work - I really do think it's because we always just treat it as a big joke!!! When you consider that our show commentators have always taken the piss out of it I think there's little hope of us taking it seriously - it's almost like every 10 years or so we'll try to put out a serious-ish entrant and the rest of the time we just don't ntake it seriously at all - but I guess it isn't something to be taken that seriously - as I said if any of this countries genuine music talents decided to get involved it would be a different story - but that just doesn't happen...
some albino

Post by some albino »

That's what I don't understand: the UK has the best pop music of the world, together with Sweden and Iceland, and still can't get a decent Eurovision act together! They even had to copy ABBA to win it once. Remember Bucks Fizz... I know it's all about fun and cheekiness, but the UK is reknown for its irony, it can't be that difficult to come up with something that is not complete, lifeless shit.

Turkey was just second hand Muse, even if the chorus was okay. Greece looked just too busy. Germany was just the best choice possible, given the nature of Eurovision. In the end she was also a crazy girl singing out of tune, with a tuneless song, moving clumsy, it's just that it sounded and looked sponteanous, while all the rest was far too studied.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

I loved France and Belgium... Germany was OK... Didn't like the Turkish entry.

Camp! There was a bit! That fake blonde guy from one of the ex-Eastern countries.

Graham was great!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeena :D :D

It was so great!

The funny thing is, that I'd chose a different song, too - this year people not only voted for the singer, but also for the song and I'd chosen the one which was written exclusively for her, but Sattelite was a classical Eurovision-song and now it also seemed to've been the best choise. :D

I can recommend her album and it's not so Satellite-like. :wink:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Is she famous already?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

SA - Sweden and Iceland???? what because of ABBA and Sigor Ros lol??? Although i'm not a huge Muse fan second hand Muse sounds ok to me...!!!! Oh and u liked the german girl because u thought she was crap???!!!! :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Sun - yes that guy from Serbia??? OMG when I first saw 'him' I wasn't sure if it was a girl!!!!! :shock: And yes Graham is great but old Sir Terry used to be good too... My favourite part was the pre-recorded interview with Graham in his booth - u could literally hear him dying with embarrassment at an interview he said he didn't even know was going to happen and didn't want to do!!!! - he kept apologising about it and talked all over the whole thing!!!!!.... :lol: :mrgreen:

She must be very famous already apparently - didn't they say that song had already been number 1 in 20 countries???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: - under those circumstances should a song like that really be allowed to enter? - if it has been sold across the world already - exposure that the other countries contenders wouldn't have had....

But well done anyway DB - oh and to me too - remember my german ancestry??? So in actual fact sun MY country won eurovision on saturday... :D :D :D :mrgreen: :lol: 8)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

yes, the serbian! I bet you loved 'it'!

Terry Wogan was good indeed!
some albino

Post by some albino »

Sure ABBA, and The Cardigans, and Army of lovers -) and Kent, my all time favourite non UK band, or even Roxette... And Sugarcubes, and Björk, and Sigur Ros.

Of coure the best Scandinavian pop band is Norwegian, being A-HA. Coldplay nicked everything of them. Even Denmark produced several lovely bands.

And she was not crap, only natural-looking, unlike that peroxide blonde Serbian android.