Do you like fireworks?

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Do you like fireworks?

Post by SoGone »

I get the appeal, in a way, but I'm not fanatic about them the way some people seem to be. They're certainly annoying when they're going off because of a sports team, and you're just trying to get some sleep.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Do you like fireworks?

Post by mark »

Well I like them on November 5th here but only because it is a big british tradition to have them because of Guy Fawkes - and only professional displays - I don't really agree with them being home bought... allowing the masses to get their grubby little hands on explosives is not a good idea methinks!!!!... :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Who the fuck is Guy Fawkes?

And yeah, it's bad enough that firearms and SUV's are available to the public. Letting them have explosives is akin to giving a pit bull cocaine*.

*If you think it's easy to make up clever, insightful, relevant comparisons, let's see you conjure up a better analogy.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

omg you don't know about Guy Fawkes or the gunpowder plot?? November 5th???!!!... It;'s one of the biggest event in this country every year!!!! wow, that's an american education for you I guess!!!!... :O :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Thrilling. Very educational, and relevant as well. Fortified with my newfound knowledge of who Guy Fawkes is, I now feel equipped to deal with the tribulations I will inevitably face in the coming days.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

lol!!! :evil: :( At least you know why we have fireworks up and down the country on November 5th!!!! We should celebrate the fact that Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament and kill those corrupt bastards, not celebrate his death!!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

It's very rare that a person, with what they write, can literally make me chuckle out loud, but you just did it. Congrats.

But yeah, fireworks. What a terrible idea.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

wow - see I can even make you laugh!!! we were meant to be!!! - wedding's back on! yay! i'm booking the church, you sort out the cars and flowers.... :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I'm still holding out for car wash *unt to recognize that her true destiny is with me, even if she does like "Friends."
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah well you and ums pissed her off over that whole israel issue!!!... think you lost her mate!!! :shock: :( And 'Friends' does indeed SUCK!!!....