I want this teddy bear

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
mark
Flight attendant

Re: I want this teddy bear

Post by mark »

No I wouldn't be offended because over these months i've learnt that Kylie and the rama rate highly on your radar so i've given up given you hell about them lol!!!

And yeah, I quite like ANM but obviously everyone uses it to joke about... I think Suede seem to feel worse about it than the actual fans, but then that because the critics gave them such a blast and I think it rocked them...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I'm pretty sure I could name at least two dozen artists I prefer over Kylie and the Ramas...but whatever. "High" is a relative term, I guess. Considering how much music I DON'T like...

I tend to side with the group of fans that claims that the real problem was "Positivity," not the album itself. More a PR thing than a problem with the content. Why they didn't issue "Obsessions" as the first single's a mystery. At least with "We Are The Pigs" they had the issue of "artistic merit" on their side.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yeah... I like You Belong To Me as well but whatever... oh and I think We Are The Pigs is better than New Generation anyway...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, "You Belong To Me" as well. And yeah, what I was getting at is that most people will say that WATP is better than NG, even if the latter is more of a "proper" single. I'm personally a NG person, but whatever...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I like both but WATP just wins it for me....
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Brett's singing on the "Down through the platinum wires" part is the aural equivalent of a frosted glass of lemonade on a brutally sticky day. One of those little things that made me utterly fall in love with the band. I like WATP, but I'd rate at least half of the album higher...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

That line made you fall in love with the band???... even though you got it wrong???!!!! :P hahaha!!!... it's 'platinum spires' or 'telephone wires' dear!!! :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...I typed it out wrong. I was listening to the Cocteau Twins at the time and was in a less-than-collected mindset. Grumble.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hehehe :D It's ok, as you may have noticed I type out all kinds of weird shit and mistyped/mispelt/misplaced words from time to time... But my excuse is I am usually on these forums after a long night shift and i'm not really 100% with it!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I like my excuse better.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yeah but your excuse is weeeeeeaaaakkkkkkk!!!!... :P :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Have you heard the Cocteaus?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

no... distracting???!!!... :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Quite.