We Are The Pigs - new London club night (Camden)

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
We Are The Pigs

We Are The Pigs - new London club night (Camden)

Post by We Are The Pigs »

I don't want to come across as just pasting an advertisement for my club all over the place - but if there's one place I should let people know about it it's here. I love Suede and we play at least 4 Suede tracks each month (usually b-sides etc!) and definitely encourage dressing up. Have a look at the info below and come along if you're in London:

WE PLAY:
BRITPOP // GLAM ROCK // '77 PUNK // NEW WAVE // ALTERNATIVE ANTHEMS // THE SMITHS //
No crap, and nothing from the last ten years

JOIN THE GROUP: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=247585825360

*WHAT IS 'WE ARE THE PIGS'?*
We Are The Pigs is a place to get smashed, swing your arms and legs around to the best of British music and snog people's faces off.
Cheap Entry, cheap Drink (including a range of *£1 shots*) and music requests will be listened to.

*WHERE IS WE ARE THE PIGS?*
The Purple Turtle. 61-65 Crowndale Road in Camden NW1 - opposite Koko (literally 1 minute's walk from Mornington Crescent tube and very close to Camden Town tube)
www.purpleturtlecamden.co.uk

*WHEN IS IT?*
SATURDAY 26TH JUNE + the last Saturday of every month

*WHO ARE THE DJs?*
Richey Rose and Joe Atari

*OPENING HOURS / ADMISSION PRICES*
We Are The Pigs opens at 10:30pm and closes at 3am. You don't have to watch any bands you don't like - it's unadulterated fun and flouncing all the way.
Only £5 before 11:30pm // £6 after (£1 off these prices if you dress *UP* - see below)
**CONFIRM ON THIS EVENT AND YOU'RE ON THE £3 GUESTLIST IF YOU GET THERE BEFORE 11.30pm**

DRESS = *UP!* (not obligatory - but more fun)
BRITPOP / GLAM: Furs, feathers, frills, flowers, fun, suede, sequins, 60s dresses, velvet, glitter, make up, net, pinstripe, polka dots, spots, fops, tank tops, hold ups, tight trousers, stripes, tartan, camouflage, colours!, zips, baggy, boiler suits, sailor suits, ripped suits, zoot suits, dr marten's boots, military jackets, union jacks, cravats, spats, lingerie or lace!
No need to turn up looking like Adam Ant (though that would be cool) just wear something, anything quirky or interesting...

*AGE POLICY*
The Purple Turtle is an over-18s venue so if you look young then please bring ID to avoid disappointment

So tell all your friends - come along to We Are The Pigs for a drunken, debauched mess of a night out!

Richey x

YOU WILL HEAR:

The Smiths (LOVE The Smiths so won't be just your usual 'This Charming Man' affair)
Elastica
Primal Scream
Belle And Sebastian
Morrissey
The Who
Oasis
Blur
Pulp
The Stone Roses
The Ramones
The Fall
The Stooges
New York Dolls
SUEDE (now come on IF you like Suede then why go anywhere else?)
Mansun
The Manics
The Rolling Stones
Bowie
T Rex
Roxy Music
The Beach Boys
Slade
The Clash
The Buzzcocks
Radiohead
Jesus And Mary Chain
The Cure
The Kinks
Placebo
Lush
The Breeders
X-Ray Spex
St Etienne
Magazine
The Field Mice
Ride
The Jam
Catatonia
Television Personalities
The Velvet Underground
Sleeper
Blondie
James
The Damned
Joy Division (NOT 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'!)
Echo And The Bunnymen
And a bit more...

Click below for a full playlist from last time's We Are The Pigs:
http://www.facebook.com/wearethepigsclu ... 2347471856

This is the first honest London club night run purely for great music since the 90s. We've got the balls to say This Is What We Are rather than trying to mix it up. We're not going to chuck in a Strokes song so that there's 'something for everyone'. You're not going to hear an hour of indie followed by an hour of ska. We're not going to play any 'guilty pleasures'. It's 100% great Britpop/Glam music.
If you don't like that, go ANYWHERE else.

Richey Rose x
mark
Flight attendant

Re: We Are The Pigs - new London club night (Camden)

Post by mark »

omg i'm really too old for all this lol!!!! and i've never been the kind to 'glam up' - t-shirt and jeans everytime (boring I know!!!).... oh and is it only me, or does the name Mornington Crescent always sound like a made up name - a joke???!!!! :roll:

anywayz hope all those who go enjoy....! drunken and debauched - sounds like a nightmare!! - I fly into a rage just at someone spilling my pint or pissing on me in the urinals let alone anything else!!!!!! :shock: :lol: :x
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
flow23

Post by flow23 »

funky! what about havin a go on saturday before the O2 gig?
but i remember if im in london on a months last saturday.