Anyone heard the new Manics album?

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Anyone heard the new Manics album?

Post by SoGone »

What's your take on it? I stopped exploring their catalogue with Know Your Enemy...are any of the later albums worth looking into?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Anyone heard the new Manics album?

Post by mark »

hmmm.... well... heard their latest and their last were both pretty good... but well... I stopped after 'Lifeblood'... I dunno, they are supposed to have got back on track these last couple but who knows???!!!...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

they were in Laters with Jools... was weird to see them there
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

when were they on ? i missed them??? why was it weird that they were on jools?, they are on there whenever they release a new album!!! :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

last week, i think.

it has been a while, he's aged a lot
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

which one??? jools, JDB, nicky, or sean??? Or all 4 of them lol???!!! :lol: I virtually never watch jools anymore, generally speaking I just don't have an interest in the bands on there these days....
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

all of them! apart from Jools who seems to sleep in mummifying liquid
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

:lol:

(I have no idea who Jools is, but that made me laugh anyway)
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

wow sun he has never heard of Jools Holland!!!! :o :shock: Wow I mean even not including his hugely popular and successful solo career with Big Band and Rythmn and Blues Orchestara there is his LENGENDARY music programme which has been running for 17 years now...!!! And have you never heard of The Tube or the band Squeeze???!!!!

Wow, not only is it the youth of today where there's problems, but also maybe it's americans too... :roll: :wink: hehehe!! joke andy pandy!!! :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

hihi... he probably doesn't even know where Europe or England are! :twisted:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Well, I used to have Squeeze's Greatest Hits... :D

(And I like the song Glen sings with Elvis Costello on "Trust," but that's probably more because I'm an early EC disciple!)

England...is that the place where everyone gets pathetically drunk and obsessed over soccer/football matches?

(J/K, I'm from a town which houses the American equivalent of that.)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

SoGone wrote:England...is that the place where everyone gets pathetically drunk and obsessed over soccer/football matches?
hahahahahahaha!! :mrgreen: :lol: I was just about to say that if you're anything like most americans I have ever met you'll think that GB/UK are the same things as England lol!!!... But from that statement of yours you know us all too well - and the strange thing is I am one of the guys who gets pathetically drunk at the weekends and is obsessed about football!!! :lol: :oops: But you know sometimes the drunk, idiot guys who are like cavemen with shit for brains who are just plain annoying on a saturday night just irritate me that little too much!!! Maybe that's why I am attracted to guys from foreign climes???!!! :shock: :roll: :P

Oh and my american geography and knowledge of popular US tv shows is pretty crappy so I guess I shouldn't tease you over Jools...!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Believe me, I know as little about American TV as I do about the programming you have across the pond!

"But you know sometimes the drunk, idiot guys who are like cavemen with shit for brains who are just plain annoying on a saturday night just irritate me that little too much!!! Maybe that's why I am attracted to guys from foreign climes???!!!"

Nah, come to Pittsburgh in the fall/winter...you won't find much improvement!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »