Your top 10...non-Suede albums/compilations/box sets

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Your top 10...non-Suede albums/compilations/box sets

Post by SoGone »

Because every music forum needs one of these hackneyed (but still fascinating) threads, and frankly, it's outrageous that we can talk about jizzing on each other without being aware of each other's High Fidelity tastes. :P

My list, in alphabetical order, subject to change at any time, yada:

(What's The Story) Morning Glory (Oasis)
Candleland (Ian McCulloch)
Everything Must Go (Manic Street Preachers)
Heart & Soul (Joy Division)
Jane Siberry
Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols
One Cell In The Sea (A Fine Frenzy)
Substance (New Order)
The Bootleg Series 1-3 (Bob Dylan)
The Kick Inside (Kate Bush)

And because I fully expect everyone else to cheat, here are my alternates: :wink:

Back To Mono (Phil Spector)
Da Da Da (Nits)
Music From Big Pink (The Band)
The Ghost Of Tom Joad (Bruce Springsteen)
Turns Into Stone (The Stone Roses)

Ah, fuck it. I hate that list. I hate these sorts of threads. :P Anyway, let's hear everyone else's!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Your top 10...non-Suede albums/compilations/box sets

Post by mark »

hehehehe!! :D Well, hmm you can hear the tumbleweed blowing in the breeze at how popular this thread will be hehehe!!!

No Andrew it's a good idea but personally really I don't think I have a top 10!!!! Interesting choices, many of which i've never heard of but good to see the pistols in there - definitely one of my favourite albums of all time!!!!! :)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Damnit, so I'll be the only one stupid enough to actually do this? :shock: :D

I mean, I already thought of at least three releases that I left off: Straight Outta Compton, The Traveling Wilburys Collection, and Apple Venus Vol. 1. I'm sure I'll think of a dozen more in the next few hours.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

God - i've had to put up with that appalling 'Straight Outta Compton' song on the soundsystem at work these past few weekends... :( :x

I was gonna say alternatively I could do what I said I was thinking of doing ages ago - listing my a-z of ipod!!! :)

And I think sun hates these things - you have to remember he doesn't really like to communicate much more than in emoticons and the occasional three or four word sentence!!!! :lol: :wink:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I <3 Ice Cube. Friggin' brilliant lyricist, probably top 5 (there I go again).

I'd be interested (and intimidated/overwhelmed) by your A-Z list...so post it!

And yes, I have noticed that about sunshine...

::Sigh::
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah!!! "fuckin' nigga" this and "fuckin' nigga" that!!!! :roll: Inspired!!!! :roll: :mrgreen: Certainly makes 'Dog Man Star' look like lyrics written by children!!! :shock: :roll:

The ipod thing would only ever be the artists not the actual songs - otherwise i'd still be writing it beyond christmas next year!!!! :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Brett's not even in my top 10 lyricists...probably not even top 20.

::Runs away::
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Exhibit A:

This is why events unnerve me,
Define it all, a different story,
Notice whom for wheels are turning,
Turn again and turn towards this time,

Exhibit B:

Come on come on and
Give me head, give me head, give me head music instead
You know, of cos it's all in the mind
It's all in the mind

(This is based on putting my .mp3 player on shuffle and posting the lyrics to the first song that came up on general shuffle, and then the lyrics to a randomly selected Suede song)

Oh yeah, but don't mind me, yeah. Suede, woot!

:P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

you know that the 'give me head' line is going make someone's filthy mind work... :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

You get more and more ridiculous every day Andrew!!!! Buy the book 'The Words Of Brett Anderson' and then say that again!!! And of course the 'give me head' lyrics are not the best example - of every song you could pick you choose that one!!!! And actually bizarrely you totally fail to prove your point because really if that first example is meant in some way to be 'good' lyrics then really I am dumbfounded!!!! While although the Head Music example is of course purposefully one of the worst you could choose - in fact it is actually still better than the first one because it's actually funny!!! A clever if somewhat cheap double entendre about blowjobs!!! So all you have managed to prove is that not only Brett is a brilliant lyricist but also a funny one to boot!!! :mrgreen: Really, seriously, was that first example meant to be of some sort of 'good' or profound lyrics????!!! :? :shock: :roll: Lyrics seem to work better when they rhyme or at least make some sort of sense or have some point of interest!!!... :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

sunshine wrote:you know that the 'give me head' line is going make someone's filthy mind work... :lol:
I always assumed it was supposed to be a double entendre...particularly with the way he phrases it...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote: Really, seriously, was that first example meant to be of some sort of 'good' or profound lyrics????!!! :? :shock: :roll:
Yes.

(Let's see how this minimalist thing works. :D)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Ok... Fail!!! :P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:?