Don't reply, I'm watching it drop.

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Don't reply, I'm watching it drop.

Post by mark »

I never wrote that!!!! yeah d'uh, wrong thread fool!!! :P :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Oh, but you did!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

ok!!! :P :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Do I need to provide a link???
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

no, no don't worry I have seen the evidence already previously!!! :P

Getting all excited about chrimbo then and Tom Turkey or whatever his name is??? What is a typical christmas like at the home of Andy-Pandy in Pennsylvania????!!! :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Well, it's Thanksgiving today...so normally my Mum would be dragging me off to the family's and I'd be bitching because I think holidays are stupid, empty rituals that mean nothing and exist only to jump-start the economy and force you to spend time with people you may or may not like but feel obligated to be "connected" with because they share bloodlines with you.

And I hate turkey and the fattening foods that are typically served on Thanksgiving...last year I filled up on spaghetti an hour before we left for my aunt's. When I got home, I gorged on yogurt and other non-Thanksgiving foods.

Christmas is pretty much the same story. I hate it; I'm not religious, I'm not into empty consumerism (exception: pop music CD's), I hate the cutesy decorations and cheesy songs and fake merriment and the cold...gaaah. It's horrible.

How goes a typical Christmas for marky in England?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

SoGone wrote:Well, it's Thanksgiving today...so normally my Mum would be dragging me off to the family's and I'd be bitching because I think holidays are stupid, empty rituals that mean nothing and exist only to jump-start the economy and force you to spend time with people you may or may not like but feel obligated to be "connected" with because they share bloodlines with you.

And I hate turkey and the fattening foods that are typically served on Thanksgiving...last year I filled up on spaghetti an hour before we left for my aunt's. When I got home, I gorged on yogurt and other non-Thanksgiving foods.

Christmas is pretty much the same story. I hate it; I'm not religious, I'm not into empty consumerism (exception: pop music CD's), I hate the cutesy decorations and cheesy songs and fake merriment and the cold...gaaah. It's horrible.

How goes a typical Christmas for marky in England?
hahahaha - so you sound like real fun to be around during celebrations - the only good thing about celebrations is getting pissed (as in drunk, not pissed off!!! :roll: )... wow you sound very anti-thanksgiving in ur food protest!!!

wow I wish I had never asked, u old scrooge - fuck the consumerism, just eat, get pissed and chill out!!! oh and what is the point of thanksgiving btw - what are u meant to give thanks for??? ur family??? surely that is the point of christmas - and why is it celebrated exactly one month to the day from christmas - seems a very greedy and self indulgent idea!!! :lol: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, I'm not much fun to be around at the best of times! Holidays bring out the real beast in me.

Before, I was too young to get drunk (damn you, Mom! Just kidding). This Xmas is going to be epic, that is, assuming there's more than beer. I hate beer. Gimmie wine and rum.

The whole point of Thanksgiving is that we're supposed to give thanks for all we're grateful for...never mind that the pilgrims (who celebrated the "original" Thanksgiving) went around and slaughtered the friendly Indians who helped them...

And I know this sounds terrible, but I've never really felt any connection with anyone in my family save my Mum. I'm all for giving thanks for what I have...but that's something we should do every day, not twice a year.

Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November...really, it's Christmas that's supposed to be in August or something!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yeah I agree that we should be thankful everyday without needing to mark that with an 'ocassion'!!!

wow ur a real miserablist ain't ya??? Morrissey would be proud of u son!!! :lol: 8) Oh and I guess over there u can't legally drink till you're 21 right??? :roll: And i hear there MUCH stricter about checking ID too - even with us oldies!!!! :roll:

Shame u don't connect with anyone else in your family save your mum!!! btw i forgot to say i liked it when u called her mum instead of mom earlier - good one!! :D - slowly we're turning u!!! You'll be saying "cor blimey guv'nor" and "'allo mate" next thing u know!!! :lol: :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I laugh too much to be a true miserabilist, I think. I could definitely have gotten booze if I'd wanted (it's really easy, I hear), but I was a good little boy and played by Mummy's rules. You know, she's all I have, so we have to sort of get along.

WTF does "cor blimey guv'nor" mean? And sometimes I do use mate...but then, my opportunities to use any equivalent of "friend" are rather lacking... :shock:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

ah sweet - always thinking of mummy!!! :) oh cor blimey guv'nor??? well cor blimey is like an expression of shock!!! and guv'nor is like 'boss'!!! or maybe even a word for mate so... take it in whatever context u like!!! :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...so it's sort of like "cor blimey guv'nor, you jizzed on my jeans," or something like that?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

er no...!!! :roll: :?
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Why not? That seems an appropriate use of the phrase given the definition you provided me with.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

one track mind....!!!! :roll: