Old people who go out shopping on weekends

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Old people who go out shopping on weekends

Post by SoGone »

Can't stand 'em. I used to view them with mild annoyance, but now it's quickly advanced to hostility. I mean, they have all week to go to the grocery store, and then they decide to clog up the parking lot, aisles, and checkout lanes on Saturday afternoon. Really?

And if anyone quotes Pulp on this one, I'll put you on Ignore, if such a feature exists on this forum. :twisted:
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Re: Old people who go out shopping on weekends

Post by car wash *unt »

*like*
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I haven't decided if this should be a general bitch-fest thread, or if it should instead focus on the crimes of the elderly. We'll have to see.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

I think it is worse when they drive. I bet you heard it many times, but seriously...they leave the indicator on, and you can never know whether it's from the moment they left the house, or maybe they actually want to turn right now.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Well, you must be from a place where people actually use turn signals. Here, you're lucky if people have their headlights on at 7:00 PM in the rain.

But yes, the elderly should be forced to renew their licenses by taking some kind of test. The funniest thing I ever saw an old person do (while in a car) was try to back out of a handicapped spot. The car ended up parallel to the road...while still in the space (i.e., the car was positioned horizontally against the space). That was pretty impressive.
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

But I still prefer them to most of the fans you see on the official TOB forum- I've never seen in my life people analysing a song from the 90's to pieces, and analysing so much, that they reach to the point of asking questions that sound like theses.
Creepy.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

TOB? What's that? Is that the "other place" I've heard so much about?
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

Yep.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

The neighbor is currently using a leafblower to redistribute about, oh, seven (7) total leaves. He does it for the sake of his elderly mother-in-law, who sits there contentedly, watching him go about this task.

The So Gone household is alternately entertained and disgusted by this spectacle.

(This isn't directly related to shopping on weekends, but it's the same principle, if you stretch it far enough.)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Do you have a link to that board? I'm curious as to how much one can really analyze "Metal Mickey" or "Trash." At least with Bob Dylan, you have nonsense phrases like "the motorcycle black madonna two-wheeled gypsy queen" that gives literary hacks an orgy of "interpretations" to get hard-ons over.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

i'm not even reading the posts anymore - suddenly this is no longer my forum!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :P :cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Poor marky.
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

Fecking hell, he's whining again? haha...
Markyyyy....I'm not going to take your friends away, don't worry.
I have a first aid course that I need to study to anyway, so I'll just go ;)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

No, no, this isn't 'the other place' you're more than welcome here car wash *unt!!!!!!!! :D Yes i'm just a moaning ol' fucker and a lot of the things i wrote when I was drunk last night I deleted... Anyway good luck with the first aid (I won't make any jokes about mouth to mouth!)... btw where are u from mate???... and why the car wash nick btw???
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

car wash *unt wrote:I have a first aid course that I need to study to anyway, so I'll just go ;)
What are you studying for?