Black history month...what a crock

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Re: Black history month...what a crock

Post by SoGone »

I wouldn't have been much happier with Hillary...but one does wonder if her being the nominee might have lead to a McCain/Palin victory...there were just so many black voters that turned out in record numbers to vote for Obama...

I'm not sure about all the political analysis, though, so I could be way off on this, but I've read more than one article saying that Obama should be fine in 2012 if he can get a high black turnout again...

...so if that keeps us from having Palin as president, well, I guess I should stop complaining about Black History Month and its attendant problems. :D
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

omg palin????!!!! That would be like Bush MK II!!!! :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

(is this a tea party?? :lol: )

You said that we were just good friends
But we jump red lights all the way to the end
There you go, there you go again
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Palin would make us long for the days of Bush and Dick.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Dick - is that like a derrogatory term for Tony Blair???!!! :shock: :lol: 8) No I guess you mean channey (if that is how you spell his name!!!)...

Oh and Andy, as Brett would say, "you're not at a fucking tea party"!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: 8) :P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

*vomit*

:lol:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:Dick - is that like a derrogatory term for Tony Blair???!!! :shock: :lol: 8) No I guess you mean channey (if that is how you spell his name!!!)...

Oh and Andy, as Brett would say, "you're not at a fucking tea party"!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: 8) :P
You guessed right.

And what's this about a tea party?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Brett always use to comment at gigs if the crowd was quiet "c'mon, you're not at a fucking tea party!" or I seem to remember in cambridge he said "you're not at a fucking Keane show!!!"!!!!! The cambridge show was also the one I think where he said the band were going home to "masturbate our penises!!!"!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o Thanks Brett, we really needed to know that!!!!!!! :lol: :P :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: And i've only just realised it was josé who made the tea party comment, not you andy, sorry mate!!!! :oops: I'm getting old!!!! :shock: :roll: :( :oops: :cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

How does one "masturbate [a] penis"? I'd be interested in knowing how that goes down.

I'd make some snide remark about "A New Morning" sounding like Keane, but fuck, I love that album. Sometimes I wish I was like 90% of Suede fans and hate on it, just to make smart-ass comments at times like these. Whatever.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

*too old - but you got it)*

never let the winter in 8)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

That's kinda weird Andrew, I was listening to 'Lonely Girls' on my ipod yesterday (I love that song!) and I was actually thinking how much I like ANM - and in fact I was thinking of writing a topic here in terms of that - that despite the fact that the band themselves now seem hate it even more than the fans, I quite like that album!!!! Always have really, there are some really good songs on it.... It's not their best album clearly, but the myth that it's somehow terrible is... wrong!!! :x And it's also strange that I remember when they first released it and fans were rating tracks out of 10 on suede.net most most of them seemed pretty positive about a lot of the songs...
SoGone wrote:How does one "masturbate [a] penis"? I'd be interested in knowing how that goes down.
Would you like me to demonstrate Andrew???!!! :shock: Ok, you get your clothes off and i'll go look for some lube! - back soon!!! :D Let me know when you're ready to begin!!!!!... :shock: :P :P :P :D :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

*vomit vomit*
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:That's kinda weird Andrew, I was listening to 'Lonely Girls' on my ipod yesterday (I love that song!) and I was actually thinking how much I like ANM - and in fact I was thinking of writing a topic here in terms of that - that despite the fact that the band themselves now seem hate it even more than the fans, I quite like that album!!!! Always have really, there are some really good songs on it.... It's not their best album clearly, but the myth that it's somehow terrible is... wrong!!! :x And it's also strange that I remember when they first released it and fans were rating tracks out of 10 on suede.net most most of them seemed pretty positive about a lot of the songs...
SoGone wrote:How does one "masturbate [a] penis"? I'd be interested in knowing how that goes down.
Would you like me to demonstrate Andrew???!!! :shock: Ok, you get your clothes off and i'll go look for some lube! - back soon!!! :D Let me know when you're ready to begin!!!!!... :shock: :P :P :P :D :mrgreen:

I think my very first post here was a long rambling thing about how much I love ANM. When sunshine replied to it with one word, I knew things were going to be rocky. :wink:

Grammatically, I don't know what it means to "masturbate a penis." Maybe I'm wrong. : /
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

thanks
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

welcome