Thread to hate on Arcade Fire

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Thread to hate on Arcade Fire

Post by SoGone »

AKA, a carwash*unt-baiting thread.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Re: Thread to hate on Arcade Fire

Post by car wash *unt »

They're pure class!
I love their love to music, you can hear it in the richness of the instruments.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

why would you want to 'bait' the woman you love Andy???!!!... :shock: :shock: :shock: As for 'arcade', of couse I know of them but i'm not actually sure I know any of their songs!!!!... :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:why would you want to 'bait' the woman you love Andy???!!!...

Trying to get her to post more, of course!

I think I'd like Arcade Fire more if they had actual melodies, instead of a stereotypically bored-sounding "indie' vocalist tunelessly droning non-sequiters like "take the poison of your age/don't lick your fingers when you turn the page."
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

You have no ear!
Listen to the music, to the different instruments, to the lyrics.
It's a sin to say they're not good.

It's not just another indie band.

What do YOU like then? (let's laugh about you a bit).
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, they have a lot of instruments in their songs. That makes them complex and good.

...I've been pretty open about my embarrassing tastes in music. Take your pick.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Scarily enough my best friend at work last night said exactly the same thing about Arcade Fire Andy!!!! He loves a lot of indie music and up and coming bands but can not STAND Arcade Fire apparently!!!! :roll: He said the singer just screams over a relentless dirge!!!! :shock: :roll: But as I said, I can't comment personally because I haven't listened to them before - but he said it sounds like punk-folk - which actually sounds really appealing to me!!!!... :lol: :roll: :?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

SoGone wrote:Yeah, they have a lot of instruments in their songs. That makes them complex and good.

OMG Andy!!!! :x :shock: You only backed down and admitted they were 'complex and good' just after slating them because you're too in love with miss car wash to upset her!!!! Be a man, stick to your prinicples!!!! - if you think arcade fire are shit say so!!! don't do a sudden u-turn just because you're scared of losing her!!!! :shock: :roll: Am I getting too involved in this???!!! :shock: :lol: :roll: sorry, i'll keep my snout out!!!... :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:
SoGone wrote:Yeah, they have a lot of instruments in their songs. That makes them complex and good.

OMG Andy!!!! :x :shock: You only backed down and admitted they were 'complex and good' just after slating them because you're too in love with miss car wash to upset her!!!! Be a man, stick to your prinicples!!!! - if you think arcade fire are shit say so!!! don't do a sudden u-turn just because you're scared of losing her!!!! :shock: :roll: Am I getting too involved in this???!!! :shock: :lol: :roll: sorry, i'll keep my snout out!!!... :(

I was being sarcastic about them being good. I thought you Brits were supposed to be good at detecting that sort of thing. Of course I don't think that just because something's complex and instrumentally dense it's automatically good. That's the "Sgt. Pepper" mentality.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote: He said the singer just screams over a relentless dirge!!!! :

Yeah, basically.

Genres are pretty meaningless to me...I'm not about to go out and seek out Irish music galore, but The Pogues do something right that has less to do with their instrumentation and more with their attitude.

The only genres that are even remotely meaningful to me are the ones that are defined by, well, attitude rather than sound (Britpop forever!).
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:D How come on a forum like this you make so much sense????!!! :shock: :? :? :?

I'm sure if i'd heard you SAY those things I would have detected the sarcasm in what you were saying immediately!!! although sometimes it's blatant, other times it's harder to spot via the written word on the page/screen!!!... I really did assume you had changed your mind just for the sake of romance!!!... that would have been quite sweet actually - weak, but sweet!!! :roll: :D

I'm a little irish (my great grandfather on my mum's dad's side was irish) so we should go out and get pissed and get into the whole Pogues thing on St Paddy's day Andy!!! Come to think of it, I've never really celebrated St. Patrick's day but I am one eighth irish!!! I should use that fact as another excuse to go out and get drunk - not that I ever NEED an excuse!!! :roll:

And i'm probably part german in ancestry too thanks to the origins of my surname from my dad's side of the family!!!! What a mongrel I am!!!! :shock: :roll: :?
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I always make sense. I can't help it if certain people can't be arsed to read stuff. : /

Was it the lack of an emoticon that failed to tip you off? Because I gotta tell you, I tend to feel that using emoticons is way too leading...it's the equivalent of nudging you in the ribs: "Hey, geddit? Hahaha!"

Holidays are as meaningless to me as genres are. But I'll drink to year-round alcohol!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:lol: :shock: I love my beautiful little emoticons, leave the poor things alone!!!! beast!! :lol: :shock: :( :cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I equate emoticons with the Arctic Monkeys.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: