am I drunk yet???!!!...

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
mark
Flight attendant

am I drunk yet???!!!...

Post by mark »

I'm currently dancing around my bedroom to suede b-sides with a bottle of beer balanced on my head.... hmmm!!!!.... :!:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Re: am I drunk yet???!!!...

Post by SoGone »

This thread reminds me of the scene in My Fair Lady when Alfred's so drunk that he takes off the wrong glove to shake the guy's hand.

...which reminds me of the scene in The Naked Gun 2 1/2 when Frank looks into the microscope with his closed eye.

But anyway, yeah, Suede B-sides. Ridiculously good. "Love & Poison" slagged off "Killer," but I love that one. I don't think I'd be a Suedehead if it wasn't for Sci-Fi Lullabies. I mean, I would be, just not a fanatical one.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:mrgreen: god I love you more and more - in a non-sexual way of course!!!! u seem to have a real 'My Fair Lady' / 'naked gun' obsession right now!!!!... :shock:

isn't it weird how once we never seemed to agree on anything but now you seem to be the voice of reason!!! :shock: :? let's just keep this going and not wander into 'next life' territory or I have a feeling it'll all go horribly worng!!!!.... :lol: :wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Listening to 'This Time' - god I love that song so much!!!... I remember recording 'coming up' with 'this time' as a bonus track onto an audio cassette for a friend during my sixth form days!!! fuck those WERE the days!!!!... when being a suede fan meant everything, when being a suede fan was the coolest but weirdest/oddest thing all at the same time!!!... when even the tough kids envied you for being a suede fan... shit i miss those days!!!... :cry: I think I AM drunk!!! :lol: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote::mrgreen: god I love you more and more - in a non-sexual way of course!!!! u seem to have a real 'My Fair Lady' / 'naked gun' obsession right now!!!!... :shock:

isn't it weird how once we never seemed to agree on anything but now you seem to be the voice of reason!!! :shock: :? let's just keep this going and not wander into 'next life' territory or I have a feeling it'll all go horribly worng!!!!.... :lol: :wink:

I haven't seen the Naked Gun movies in years...but I've seen them so many times I have them almost memorized...or at least the first two...

The My Fair Lady obsession is a new one...for the past two months I've been tracking down everything Lerner/Lowe-related that I can find! It's like discovering Bob Dylan or Suede all over again! :D

These past days, there are two things that help the depression; posting at Suedeonline.com and listening to the Broadway version of My Fair Lady and watching the movie. Sad but true.

I think most (?) Suede fans would agree that the B-sides are where it's at...the specifics are where we'd get tripped up, I think!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:.. when even the tough kids envied you for being a suede fan... :

I thought Suede fans got beat up because:

1. Brett flirted with gay imagery
2. They weren't Blur or Oasis

...guess I was wrong.

As a side note, no one I've ever met has even heard of Britpop, let alone Suede.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:shock: :( And actually it seems even the cool 'hard' kids liked suede during the CU era - yeah I was shocked too, I was like hiding my ultra cool copy to myself during a school dorm trip from the 'lads' because it was like an edgy but freaky thing to be into suede but when they saw that I had a copy of that album they were all over me like bees around a honeypot!!!! :D 8)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...they didn't know that you'd tried it that way, huh?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

no!!! :x
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

shit, I WAS drunk wasn't I???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...if you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have noticed.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm.... now i'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing - i'll be positive and say it's good!!!! :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I wasn't sure either...glad you decided for us!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol: