Coming Up - Brixton Academy 21-05-2011

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Coming Up - Brixton Academy 21-05-2011

Post by Gareth »

Wow what a night - my favourite of the three. Chapel Club were great tonight too - was very amused when the singer recognised Sunshine!

Got there early and was only about 5 rows back for this one. The crowd went mental during the Coming Up tracks - I'd forgotten how much people like to jump up down to Lazy - never quite understood that myself! The encores were everything I'd hoped, Europe, This Time, Young Men and best of all for me, Together. One of my favourites and I've finally got to see it performed after 17 Suede gigs. The crowd were a little subdued for all these, but picked up a bit for the closing hits, especially Metal Mickey and Animal Nitrate.

I took a camera - my photos are here if you wanna look:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0ef9354add

My camera's not the best and taking photos in the dark, am sure Sunshine's will be better...

Gareth.
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Coming Up - Brixton Academy 21-05-2011

Post by mark »

Great pics Gareth!!!! :) I agree, although I didn't witness 'Suede' night CU was my favourite of the two - even though they played ST on DMS night I loved CU more.... Crowd were indeed great!!!... highlights for me - Chemistry Between Us, This Time and CGE...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i am loving chemistry more and more by the second
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

chemistry has always been one of my very favourite Suede songs anyway!!!! :) But hearing it live again was great - were you at v99 when they played it sun???...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i was still in Spain :evil:
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

I was lucky enough to hear them do it at the ICA - one of my favourites.

I had a ticket for Chelmsford in V99 but the friend I was supposed to go with let me down a week or so before. Couldn't drive at the time so I had no means to get there on my own. To add insult to injury I falied to sell the day tickets so I lost about £80 quid too...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Oh that's a shame!!!! :( Was a great day - all the bands (Cardigans, Cast, Happy Mondays, Stereophonics) were pretty good but Suede were awesome - and a 10 minute 'She's In Fashion' to end (well, it seemed like 10 minutes with the neverending 'sunshine will blow my mind' clap-along!!!!) - and this was the first time i'd ever seen Suede live too!!!!
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

I love the Cardigans. Long Gone Before Daylight is one of my favourite albums.

Was pretty fed up about it at the time - but have been lucky enough to see Suede 17 times now so can't really complain.

Funnily enough I accidentally got even with the same friend 3 years later. I'd got us tickets to go to one of the Shepherd's Bush Empire dates on the ANM tour, and I accidentally binned them when I was tidying up thinking the envelope was for a gig I'd already been to. He was pretty pissed off with me then. Somehow we're still friends.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I think the Cardigans were actually probably the weakest act of the day - good but just not loud enough lol!!!! :P Pump up the volume!!!...

Oh and the scariest thing about your last post gareth is that I actually remember you posting that story about the binned tickets either here or somewhere else in the past!!!... Either that or i'm getting weird déja vu!!!...
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

Yeah I probably have. I'm still annoyed with myself about it despite it being 9 years ago. Doesn't sting quite so much now that they're back though :D
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

exactly - and not only back - better than ever!!!! :D