what if...

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Re: what if...

Post by disco bunny »

the deluxe editions were supposed to be really great and all, but the DVDs seem to be... well...

but I have to see it for myself :wink: when I finally get any of them :roll:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

dvd doesn;t load on my pc dvd software but that seems to crash with every dvd!!!... So I use the VLC Media Player which plays everything fine - really great dvd!!!!... :D
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Get a new dvd player sun!!!... oh and btw, as I mentioned at my facebook - i've actually sent an email now asking that they cancel my order and give me a refund as they haven't sent it yet - apparently it said in their FAQ's you can do that if they have not dispatched it - if they give that the go ahead i'll buy elsewhere!!!...

Shame the 'Long Version' of Stay Together on the second cd isn't quite the full version!!!... after the 'way out' sax part at the end the nice little tinkling piano and weirdly ghostly mood sounds have been chopped... :( oh well, pretty good anyway!!!...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it is quite new... i will try it in one of the computers I use to see what happens!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

I still don't have mine :cry:
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by some albino »

I got the first two packages today through Amazon. Ordered them Monday, that's fast.

I'll try to watch the DVD's on my computer tomorrow.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

OMG. db has been cursed!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

And the thing is they sent out both of them and Coming Up today. Someone must steal them from my postbox. :x :lol: :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

It was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

lol - when you said db I thought you were talking about Mr Barnett at first sun lol!!!... hahaha!!!... :shock: :roll: :? :lol: :P :oops:
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

:lol: :lol:

and: hurray!! my dms arrived today
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

haha... not that's david for me
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

So in my continuing saga - having pre-ordered 'Suede' on the Thursday before release I was hoping (with the bank holiday) to receive if not on the Monday itself a day or two after - play.com and hmv seem to despatch to have it either the Saturday before release or on the Monday itself...

So basically after a week and a half of waiting and still having charged me but without despatch I decided to follow their returns policy - basically if it has not been despatched you can email a request for the order to be cancelled and a full refund - which I did yesterday with plans to buy elsewhere...

Now you can call me a cynical bastard if you want, but it's strange how i've been waiting a fornight night since I ordered the album and suddenly when I send them a cancellation request I receive notifcation today that my order has been despatched!!!!... Yeah in a way I should be happy that i'm finally gonna get it, but basically it's pretty obvious they either fucked up or were being lax or had completely forgotten to despatch (it says 3-5 working days on their website!!!)... Having finally made the decision to say 'fuck them' and order elsewhere and vow never to use them again they make it impossible to do so by despatching the order rather than given me the refund I asked for... whoever this 'sandbag' are they are fucking useless - in my experience at least... If I pre-order an album to be released on a certain date I don't expect to still be waiting two weeks later as a non overseas resident!!!... If they can process and charge for the order on the same day wtf can they not be bothered to send it out???!!!... If I had not contacted them about it god knows how long I would still have been waiting!!!... And yeah I am pissing moaning because I think the whole thing is pretty disgusting - appalling customer service... I'm happy it's finally on it's way but I will never use that company again...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

poor you!
Florence

Post by Florence »

i've ordered debut and dms last friday evening from amazon. I received debut yesterday. And i got an email today from amazon telling i'll receive dms later than schedulded cause their provider informed them a delay for the delivery, and that then i can cancel if i want..
i watched Bernard/Brett interview yesterday, the quality doesn't bother me much, the main problem is the difference of colours sensibility between the 2 cameras but that's ok
got 1/3 of the words.. need to watch it 3 times to have a chance to get it all i guess.. I mean.. wish there'd be subtitles
the rest of the videos seems nice, but the menu is so cheap.. (hihi makes me quite prouder of mine)
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by some albino »

Praise the lord, that incredible acoustic version of Animal Nitrate at Fnac Les Halles is on the DMS DVD. I only had it on a dodgy cassette tape, so it's amazing is was saved and preserved in this way, and we can hear and even see it back.

What's curious about it is that Brett is singing the lead vocal in a lower tune, like he's doing a backing vocal. It makes is incredibly sad. And the chorus is quite weird to hear but so beautiful. I wonder if Brett did it deliberately or just missed the normal tune of the song.

Even if the package is quite cheap, I don't care at all if there's unforgettable stuff on it.