what if...

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

what if...

Post by sunshine »

this is what brett seems to suggest the albums would have been now if he could work on the tracklistings...

Suede: So Young, Animal Nitrate, She's Not Dead. My Insatiable One, Pantomime Horse, The Drowners, Metal Mickey, Sleeping Pills, Breakdown, To The Birds, Next Life

Dog Man Star: Introducing the Band, We Are the Pigs, Heroine, The Wild Ones, Daddy's Speeding, My Dark Star, Killing of A Flash Boy, This Hollywood Life, New Generation, The Living Dead, The 2 of Us, The Asphalt World, Still Life

Coming Up: Trash, Filmstar, Lazy, By The Sea, She, Beautiful Ones, Starcrazy, This Time, Europe is Our Playground, Picnic by the Motorway,
Saturday Night

Head Music: Electricity, Savoir Faire, Can't Get Enough, Crackhead, Everything Will Flow, Down, She's In Fashion, Hi-Fi, Indian Strings,
He's Gone, Leaving, Heroin

A New Morning: Simon, Cheap, Lost in TV, Positivity, Obsessions, Beautiful Loser, Astrogirl, Instant Sunshine, Untitled [Stanbridge demo], ...Morning, Oceans

what do you reckon?
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Re: what if...

Post by disco bunny »

sounds good to me.

I quite like Moving, but My Insatiable One is great, so I'd be okay with that, and To the Birds for Animal Lover would be a very good choice.

With Dog Man Star to add My Dark Star, Killing of a Flashboy and The Living Dead would be great desicions. I wouldn't mind, if The Power was not on it. It's a good song but the album version is not as great as the one he did on his solo-gigs, so I wouldn't be too sad about that. As for Black or Blue... I can't help myself, but I like it. But it's not like the 3 that'd be added, so it'd be alright with that.

Coming Up seems perfect for me. The Cemistry between us is probably the weakest song for me on that album and I love This Time and Europe is Our Playground.

Head Music would be much better with this tracklisting as all songs I love on this record would be still part of it and the ones I can't relate to would be replaced.

I would also prefer this version of A New Morning. Simon(!!) and Cheap are really good and they'd keep the songs I like.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

omg! Chemistry is awesome!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

'The Chemistry Between Us' is one of my very favourite Suede songs so losing it would be bad imo... Also I don't like losing 'Asbestos' from HM, I like that song a lot... I absolutely HATE 'Instant Sunshine', terrible song probably the worst thing they ever made so adding it to ANM seems absurd to me - also I like 'Lonely Girls' a lot so wouldn't wanna lose that... 'Streetlife' is probably better than 'Beautiful Loser' - BL is ok but the album version is too plodding and slow... I also like 'Moving' and 'Animal Lover' so...

It's hard - I like some of the additions but i'm not so keen on some of the songs they'd be willing to drop - i'd add 'ABC Song' to ANM rather than 'Instant Sunshine' - the more I hear that song the more I hate it - it's got that Suede sound but even by their standards it's an overblown, oversung up its own arse song - and very boring too!!!...

With the re-issues we have them as an equivilent of double albums anyway - they shouldn't have dropped or added anything - just released double albums in the first place!!!!... :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:D

(i love i sunshine!)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:shock: :roll: :(
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:P
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

sunshine wrote:omg! Chemistry is awesome!
mark wrote:'The Chemistry Between Us' is one of my very favourite Suede songs so losing it would be bad imo...
haha, sorry guys :oops: :oops: I think Ute likes it too, I must be one of the few then. I mean it's nice, but just the one I would miss the least. :oops: :oops:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

we don't have to agree in everything! :wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

apart from the obvious! suede are the best :wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Are they as good as José though???!!!...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

just to tease you a bit: the deluxe editions are great... :)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:? :D