Favorite demos from the deluxe editions?

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Favorite demos from the deluxe editions?

Post by SoGone »

I've only heard the expanded DMS, but I'm quite fond of the early "Heroine." It has a nice hazy feel to it. Any other demos from the rereleases that jump out at people?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Favorite demos from the deluxe editions?

Post by mark »

I like the original Introducing The Band as Brett sounds sooooooooooo fucked up and drugged out on it and lines like 'the scream of a dream, the pop of a pill' are TOTAL suede classics lol!!!... I also like that it combines lyrics from wsd... I quite like the DMS ones... the 'Suede' ones are much of a muchness, good of course but nothing spectacular, oooh I also like The Wild Ones original demo!!!! :D Coming Up demos are kinda amateurish lol but 'Trash' is great just because the lyrics are TOTALLY different and it has a great harmonica/school band sound lol!! hahaha!!... Haven't listened to the HM demo's still but I like the ANM ones - they are quiet interesting as there is a different sound to many of the songs oh and I like the MUCH rougher, harder, punkier sound of LTWYL and GG original demos too... really great!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, ITB is pretty great. They should have used that as a B-side instead of Eno's mix..
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
Florence

Post by Florence »

my fave demos are the ones from coming up (particularly trash and beautiful ones) because they sound more like original demos. others and particularly the ones from "suede" sound more worked already and closer to the final versions
i like to hear the hesitating lalala's or dingdingding's an artist would make before the song really gets its final form
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

ding, ding, ding's???!!!... Yeah, it's more a completed version I agree in those demo's... I still really like those later 'rough punk' versions before they turned more 'disco' to though! :)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Side note: how awesome would it have been if Vince Clarke had done a remix of, say, "Trash," the way he did that club remix of "Wrote For Luck"?

Don't answer that.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

erm.... hmmmmmm!!.... :?
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

You know that a bona fide disco Suede track would be ace.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Most people say LTWYL is the most disco Suede track (even though originally it was a full on punk song and even the final version was quite edgy)... And I LOVE 'Miss Europa Disco Dancer' - BRAINDEAD MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!... :shock: :D :P :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Hey, that makes two of us! Let's go invade "Forever Delayed" with our Miss Europa love!

(Do you also happen to like Damn Dog? We might be able to start a bona fide crusade if you do!)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

....I just realized that a Suede cover of Miss Europa would be one of the best things they ever did, assuming (ironically) that Brett stayed away from the falsetto.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Go and invade 'Forever Delayed'???... 'Miss Europa' isn't on that album!!!! :? :?: And I couldn't imagine Brett singing that song somehow, with or without falsetto!!!....
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

::Sigh::

"Forever Delayed" is just the name of the Manics forum.

You can't imagine him using his "theatrical" voice to do the "Braindead motherfuckers" part?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm... yeah, maybe not!!!....

ah manics forum - I didn't know that!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

There's a Suede thread filled with love going on over there. Of course, there's also a long-running Radiohead thread, so you have to take that into account...