new album

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

new album

Post by sunshine »

http://www.xfm.co.uk/artists/interviews ... um=twitter

Suede to Record New Stuff
15 August 2011
Speaking to Xfm just ahead of the first play of his new solo single Brittle Heart the singer announced the news Suede fans have been yearning for:
"After I've promoted this solo album I'm intent to be writing a new Suede album."
Yes, despite being on the promotion trail for his upcoming solo album Black Rainbows - which we announced was being released last week - Brett Anderson confirmed that Suede will be working on a new album.
Rumours have abounded about the possibility of new material after the Britpop legends decided to reform in 2010 - but the band have been continually enigmatic when asked if they will ever move on from playing past hits.
Mr Anderson explained why he is up for revisiting Suede:
"I think it's all about keeping yourself interested as a musician, once it gets to this stage in your career it's very much about doing things that keep you excited and making a new Suede record will be exciting and then making another solo record after this will be exciting. It's just about trying to keep yourself interested the whole time."
He continued, "I think not getting stuck in a rut is the real lesson I learnt from being in Suede all that time. That's kind of why we called it a day in 2003 - things can become too familiar and I definitely don't want that to happen again."
Black Rainbows is out on September 26, with first single Brittle Heart out to download from today.
He's also playing two dates in October - which are:
Oct 11 MANCHESTER CLUB ACADEMY
OCT 12 LONDON KOKO
mark
Flight attendant

Re: new album

Post by mark »

Old news! He said something very similiar on Absolute Radio when he and Mat were interviewed at Latitude - he said that while he was away promoting 'Black Rainbows' the others would be writing new material and that when that was finished and Brett was back from touring he would look at what had been written while he was away - he was more than clear on that although still saying that if it was not seen as good enough it would not be realeased - but it was made very clear that they would be properly writing while he was touring and then take it from there afterwards...