brett speaks about south america tour

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

brett speaks about south america tour

Post by sunshine »

:)

Re: SUEDE TO PLAY CORONA CAPITAL, MEXICO CITY new
Posted by: brett anderson
Date: October 15, 2012 10:51PM
I think the first thing to remember here is that when we choose a setlist, we are doing so with the people who will be attending that gig in mind. We are not composing a setlist in order to please fans sitting at home thousands of miles away in front of their laptops. Thus reading the words 'Animal Nitrate' or 'Beautiful Ones' on a screen may not be that exciting but i can assure you 10,000 people jumping up and down and singing the words back at you NEVER gets boring.

Last week, we put the finishing touches on what i believe to be a stunning new album. We are extremely excited about people hearing it and when the time is right they will . We have had the bravery to make new music and to challenge ourselves as artists rather than just inhabiting our past and i am very proud of the results.

When we tour the new album next year lots of the songs in the current set will be replaced by new material so some of the songs we are playing at the moment may not be heard for a long, long time. Cherish them while you can because i am feeling confident enough to say we have equaled and bettered lots of them .

So don't panic. We are looking firmly forward, but just maybe taking one last fond glance into the past.

http://forum.suede.co.uk/read.php?2,51017,page=1