1st BH single: The Invisibles

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

1st BH single: The Invisibles

Post by sunshine »

Premiered tomorrow on between 5pm and 6pm on the Steve Lamacq show on BBC6 Music.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: 1st BH single: The Invisibles

Post by sunshine »

For the last weeks, we have had these:

I hear the wood pigeons and
I call my father in and
he sits and hears me sing
but never wonders why

Why do I call out in the night,
he found the photos set alight.
Everything about her
makes me want to smile

I'll stay in bed and feed the day
with my polite conversation, father,
Papering the cracks in others' silence.
But I still won't step aside

I tried to maker her want me
I tried to play her politics.
But every step I took,
I had to swallow this

That we are the Invisibles,
strange and lonely.
It's funny how
It's always out of reach.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Jun 4, 2018
Suede share new single and video ‘The Invisibles’
By Damian Jones

Eighth studio effort 'The Blue Hour' is out in September
Suede have shared their new video and single ‘The Invisibles’.
The track is taken from their forthcoming new album, ‘The Blue Hour‘, which is out on September 21. You can listen to the single below and watch the video. It was played earlier tonight on Steve Lamacq’s show on BBC 6 Music.
The video shows a woman swinging back and forth emotively lip synching to frontman Brett Anderson’s vocals.
Of the album, Anderson recently told NME: “It’s quite dank and troubling. A lot of this is about the terrors of childhood, so it’s quite unpleasant in lots of ways. I think Suede should be unpleasant, that’s the point of a band like Suede. Whenever we’ve tried to pleasant, it never works.”

He added: “We have to inhabit Suedeworld and it’s not a very nice place! It’s set in a rural landscape, on the hard shoulder of the motorway, among the B-roads and among the rubbish that’s been fly-tipped. It’s set by a chain link fence with a dead badger lying rotting in the ground.”

The band are also set to embark on a short European tour in October, which includes a show at London’s Eventim Apollo on October 12. Tickets are available here.

Suede will play:

OCTOBER
Monday 1 – Paradiso, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thursday 4 – Fabrique, Milano, Italy
Tuesday 9 – The Koncerthuset, Copenhagen, Denmark
Wednesday 10 – The Koncerthuset, Copenhagen, Denmark
Friday 12 – Eventim Apollo, London, UK

http://www.nme.com/news/music/suede-sha ... es-2332265
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Jun 04, 2018
Suede Share Video for Dramatic New Song “The Invisibles”
The Blue Hour Due Out September 21 via Rhino
By Christopher Roberts

Britpop originators and survivors Suede are releasing a new album, The Blue Hour, on September 21 via Rhino. Previously they shared a trailer for the album. Now they have shared a video for a dramatic new song, "The Invisibles." The video doesn't feature the band, instead a woman lip-syncs the song while riding a swing under a motorway underpass. Watch it below.

Suede reformed in 2010 and made a fantastic comeback in 2013 with the release of the excellent Bloodsports, which was their first new album in over a decade and was very well-received by critics. They released their last album, Night Thoughts, back in 2016. The Blue Hour is the band's third album since reforming. Earlier this year the band also put out a 25th anniversary reissue of 1993's self-titled debut album and frontman Brett Anderson also released his first book, the memoir Coal Black Mornings, via Little, Brown.

Alan Moulder produced The Blue Hour. In a previous interview with NME Anderson shed some light on the sound of the album: "I think we're at this stage of our career where it doesn't really matter what we do, as long as we're engaged in doing it and making it interesting. Because of that, we can do quite extreme things. This is a very complicated record, much more so than the last too - and more diverse. It's quite a journey. There are a lot of elements that we haven't used before, like a choir and more spoken word and dialogue. There are a lot of field recordings on it too to thread the ideas together."

Anderson also told the NME that his son inspired the album. "It was conceived as a record almost from a child's point of view," he said. "My son is my muse these days, and I write about him and through his eyes. He inspired the book I wrote recently, Coal Black Mornings. He was my inspiration on the last two records and this is a continuation of that. I've always written from different perspectives. A lot of this is about the terrors of childhood, so it's quite unpleasant in lots of ways. I think Suede should be unpleasant, that's the point of a band like Suede. Whenever we've tried to pleasant, it never works. We have to inhabit Suedeworld and it's not a very nice place! It's set in a rural landscape, on the hard shoulder of the motorway, among the B-roads and among the rubbish that's been fly-tipped. It's set by a chain link fence with a dead badger lying rotting in the ground."

Suede made an immediate mark when they came on the scene in their native U.K., with them declared "The Best New Band in Britain" by the music publication Melody Maker in 1992 before their debut album was even released. That self-titled debut arrived on March 29, 1993 to critical acclaim and fantastic sales (it hit #1 on the U.K. album charts and at the time was the fastest selling debut album in over a decade). 1994's sophomore album, Dog Man Star, is considered a classic of the era. 1996's third album, Coming Up, continued the band's success, also debuting at #1 on the U.K. album charts. The Blue Hour is the band's eighth album.

Read our 2013 interview with Suede's Brett Anderson on Bloodsports.

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/su ... invisibles
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

5th June 2018
Suede unleash video for new track 'The Invisibles' - watch
Wrap yourself in the orchestral emotion of the first track from new album The Blue Hour
James Thornhill
Suede have provided the first glimpse of their upcoming, eighth album The Blue Hour, with the video for new track ‘The Invisibles’.
For the achingly beautiful, introspective work the band have reunited with composer Craig Armstrong (who worked with them on 1996 album Coming Up). The lifting orchestral arrangement was performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.
The video directed by Roger Sargent features an up-close, one-take, emotional performance from Marama Corlett, best known for her work in Blood Drive and BBC drama The City and the City.
Forming the last part in a triptych of albums marking the bands return, new album The Blue Hour completes the run started by 2013’s Bloodsports and draws on the subject matter of Brett Anderson’s recently published memoir ‘Coal Black Mornings’. Stepping away from self-effacing celebrity biographies Anderson has been lauded for his poetic and frankly honest appraisal of his life, delving deeply into his early life, early struggles and the machinations of fame.
Last album, 2016’s Night Thoughts brought across the board critical acclaim, including a gushing review from this site, and took the band back in to the upper echelons of the UK Album Chart, reaching number six.
With the first music released from the forthcoming album it appears that The Blue Hour will again take on the deeply personal, somewhat tragic air of the previous album but potentially with a sense of optimism to end the trilogy.
As Brett Anderson explained in an interview with Gigwise for the release of Night Thoughts, “I always wanted to document the real world that I saw around me."
Suede are also set to hit the road for a series of European dates in September and October, including two shows at London’s Eventim Apollo on 12th and 13th October. Find more dates on the band’s website.
Leading up the release of The Blue Hour on 21 September 2018, Suede will be releasing a new track each month.
https://gigwise.com/news/3257279/suede- ... invisibles
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Suede share haunting video to go with new single 'The Invisibles'
By Virgin Radio - @VirginRadioUK
Ahead of their forthcoming album, 'The Blue Hour', Suede have released the single and shared a video for ‘The Invisibles’.
The video shows a woman on a swing staring directly into the camera lens, whilst lip syncing to frontman Brett Anderson's vocals.
Anderson has described the album as being 'quite dank and troubling' and at times 'unpleasant', maintaining the belief that 'this is the point of a band like Suede'.
This theme of being purposefully unpleasant Anderson also described recently when he sat down with Jamie East for Virgin Radio Classic Albums. Watch below:
'The Blue hour' is out this September, and the band are also planning a European tour in October, which includes a show at London’s Eventim Apollo on 12th October. Tickets are available here.
http://virginradio.co.uk/highlights/sue ... Bt14ApO.99
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Suede release video for new track ‘The Invisibles’
‘THE INVISIBLES’ IS THE FIRST MUSIC TO BE HEARD FROM NEW ALBUM ‘THE BLUE HOUR’
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW
Sue have today shared a video for their new track The Invisibles. The song is the first music to be heard from the band’s upcoming, eighth album The Blue Hour, which is released on 21st September.
The Invisibles features an orchestral arrangement from Craig Armstrong (who worked with the band previously on their 1996 LP Coming Up) which was performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.
Directed by previous collaborator of the band Roger Sargent, the video features a compelling, one-take performance by Marama Corlett, best known for her work in Blood Drive and BBC drama The City and the City.
Suede’s new record The Blue Hour is the final part of the triptych of albums recorded by the band since they reformed and released 2013’s Bloodsports. The album is also complemented by some of the subject matter of Brett Anderson’s recent memoir ‘Coal Black Mornings’.
Suede’s previous studio album Night Thoughts was released to great critical acclaim in 2016, going on to chart at number 6 in the UK album charts.
The band are set for a series of European tour dates in September and October, including two shows at London’s Eventim Apollo on the 12th and 13th of October. Full dates can be found on the band’s website.
Following The Invisibles, Suede will be making a new track available each month, up until the release of The Blue Hour on the 21st September.
https://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/ ... ew/177075/
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

so the sleeve looks like this
Attachments
s inv.jpg
s inv.jpg (43.72 KiB) Viewed 6945 times