suede #9 autofiction

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

suede #9 autofiction

Post by sunshine »

So on 16th September 2022, we will see the new suede album... which comes up with different formats.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: suede #9 autofiction

Post by sunshine »

Suede
Autofiction T-Shirt
£25.00
Release Date: 16/09/2022
Black Small
Buy Autofiction T-Shirt only
Add Autofiction (CD) for only £5
Official Suede 'Autofiction' Merchandise.
Choice of colour and design, as well as size above.
Attachments
autofiction tshirts.png
autofiction tshirts.png (109.68 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Suede
Autofiction CD
£10.00
Discs: 1
Buy CD only
Standard Digipak CD Album.
Suede return with their ninth studio album Autofiction, set for release on 16th September 2022 via BMG.
As Suede began work on the songs that would become Autofiction, they decided to go back to basics. In a move that recalled their most formative days, Brett Anderson, Mat Osman, Simon Gilbert, Richard Oakes and Neil Codling schlepped to a rehearsal studio in deserted Kings Cross to collect a key, hump their own gear, set up and start playing.
Speaking about Autofiction, Brett Anderson said: "Autofiction is our punk record. No whistles and bells. Just the five of us in a room with all the glitches and fuck-ups revealed; the band themselves exposed in all their primal mess."
First single ‘She Still Leads Me On’ is the track that reconfigured what the album could be. A beautiful song written from Brett to his late mother. As its title suggests, Autofiction is one of Anderson’s most personal records yet. Reflecting on the process of writing acclaimed works of memoir Coal Black Mornings and Afternoons With The Blinds Drawn helped Brett get a newfound perspective on himself as a performer and singer in the public eye, much of which has bled into the lyricism of Autofiction.
Includes instant grat download of 'She Still Leads Me On' delivered to your email upon purchase completion.
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
4. The Only Way I Can Love You
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home
7. Black Ice
8. Shadow Self
9. It's Always the Quiet Ones
10. What am I Without You
11. Turn off Your Brain and Yell
Attachments
autofiction cd small.jpg
autofiction cd small.jpg (24 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Suede
Autofiction Standard Black Heavyweight LP
£25.00
Black Heavyweight Vinyl LP in Gatefold Sleeve.
Suede return with their ninth studio album Autofiction, set for release on 16th September 2022 via BMG.
As Suede began work on the songs that would become Autofiction, they decided to go back to basics. In a move that recalled their most formative days, Brett Anderson, Mat Osman, Simon Gilbert, Richard Oakes and Neil Codling schlepped to a rehearsal studio in deserted Kings Cross to collect a key, hump their own gear, set up and start playing.
Speaking about Autofiction, Brett Anderson said: "Autofiction is our punk record. No whistles and bells. Just the five of us in a room with all the glitches and fuck-ups revealed; the band themselves exposed in all their primal mess."
First single ‘She Still Leads Me On’ is the track that reconfigured what the album could be. A beautiful song written from Brett to his late mother. As its title suggests, Autofiction is one of Anderson’s most personal records yet. Reflecting on the process of writing acclaimed works of memoir Coal Black Mornings and Afternoons With The Blinds Drawn helped Brett get a newfound perspective on himself as a performer and singer in the public eye, much of which has bled into the lyricism of Autofiction.
Includes instant grat download of 'She Still Leads Me On' delivered to your email upon purchase completion.
SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home
SIDE B
1. Black Ice
2. Shadow Self
3. It's Always the Quiet Ones
4. What am I Without You
5. Turn off Your Brain and Yell
Attachments
autofiction standard black heavyweight LP s.jpg
autofiction standard black heavyweight LP s.jpg (31.81 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Suede
Autofiction Limited Edition Clear LP with Signed Print
£30.00
Exclusive Limited Edition Clear Vinyl LP in Gatefold Sleeve with signed print.

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home
SIDE B
1. Black Ice
2. Shadow Self
4. What am I Without You
Attachments
autofiction limited edition clear LP with signed print s.jpg
autofiction limited edition clear LP with signed print s.jpg (25 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Autofiction Clear LP with Signed Print, T-Shirt & Exclusive 12" EP
£50.00
This multi buy includes:
She Still Leads Me On EP
Autofiction T-Shirt
Choice of black or white T-Shirt as well as size above.
Exclusive Limited Edition 'She Still Leads Me On' 12" Vinyl EP.
Only 1000 available in bundles.

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home

SIDE B
1. Black Ice
2. Shadow Self
4. What am I Without You

'She Still Leads Me On' EP Tracklisting:
SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. The Sadness In You, The Sadness In Me
SIDE B
1. Days Like Dead Moths
2. The Prey
Attachments
autofiction clear LP with signed print, t-shirt s.jpg
autofiction clear LP with signed print, t-shirt s.jpg (32.29 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Autofiction Deluxe Box Set
£65.00
Discs: 2
Exclusive Limited Edition Box Set containing Clear Vinyl LP, CD album, stencil, postcards, poster and signed setlist.

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home

SIDE B
1. Black Ice
2. Shadow Self
4. What am I Without You
Attachments
autofiction deluxe box set s.jpg
autofiction deluxe box set s.jpg (30.63 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Autofiction Clear LP with Signed Print, Black LP, CD, T-Shirt & Exclusive 12" EP
£75.00
This multi buy includes:
She Still Leads Me On EP
Autofiction CD
Autofiction T-Shirt
Standard Digipak CD Album.
Choice of black or white T-Shirt, as well as size above.

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home

SIDE B
1. Black Ice
2. Shadow Self
4. What am I Without You

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On

SIDE B
1. Days Like Dead Moths
2. The Prey
Attachments
autofiction clear LP with signed print, black lp, cd, t-shirt & exclusive 12EP s.jpg
autofiction clear LP with signed print, black lp, cd, t-shirt & exclusive 12EP s.jpg (34.45 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Suede
Autofiction Deluxe Box Set, Black LP & T-Shirt with Exclusive 12" EP
£100.00
This multi buy includes:
She Still Leads Me On EP
Autofiction Deluxe Box Set
Autofiction T-Shirt
Exclusive Limited Edition Box Set containing Clear Vinyl LP, CD album, stencil, postcards, poster and signed setlist.
Choice of black or white T-Shirt as well as size above.

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
2. Personality Disorder
3. 15 Again
5. That Boy on the Stage
6. Drive Myself Home

SIDE B
1. Black Ice
2. Shadow Self
4. What am I Without You

SIDE A
1. She Still Leads Me On
SIDE B
1. Days Like Dead Moths
2. The Prey
Attachments
autofiction deluxe box set black lp tshirt with exclusive s.jpg
autofiction deluxe box set black lp tshirt with exclusive s.jpg (34.01 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

14th September 2022
Suede – ‘Autofiction’ review: indie icons reborn as “raw” and “nasty” punk rockers
Brett Anderson and co. feel like a new band – they did recently gig under the moniker 'Crushed Kid', after all – on their anger-injected ninth album
By
Andrew Trendell
Earlier this month, a brand-new band popped up on the line-up for London’s beloved tiny sweatbox The Moth Club. The listing was for ‘Crushed Kid’, a group with nothing more to their name than a distorted robo-punk track on SoundCloud, but this turned out to be Suede playing a less-than-secret gig in the capital and debuting their ninth album ‘Autofiction’ in full.
It was a bold stunt from a group who’ve come back anew so many times before. They survived the departure of legendary guitarist Bernard Butler in the ‘90s, then carried off one of the greatest comebacks of the 21st Century when they returned with their first new music in over a decade for 2013’s stellar ‘Bloodsports’ and the might follow-up ‘Night Thoughts’ in 2016.
While 2018 album ‘The Blue Hour’ closed the NME Godlike Genius alumni’s reunion triptych in a more cinematic and theatrical bent, ‘Autofiction’ very much feels like they’re ripping it up and starting again. As frontman Brett Anderson told NME earlier this year: “I wanted to come back and make something that felt a little bit more raw, a little bit more angry, a little bit more nasty. ‘Autofiction’ is our punk record.”
With their DIY glam aesthetic, anti-macho attitude and songs of urban decay, degenerate trash and the beautiful ones shaking their bits to the hits, Suede have always been punk in spirit, but now there’s real snarl in their sound too. That’s not to say it sounds like the Pistols or Minor Threat – but classic Suede with the attitude and urgency turned way up.
You hear that in the compulsion of pumping opener ‘She Still Leads Me On’, with Anderson feeling that “in many, many ways, I’m still a young boy” as he chases a love with “a dangerous mind”. ‘Personality Disorder’ is spiky and unhinged, ‘15 Again’ rollicks along with the youthful abandon and imagery of its name and album highlight ‘Shadow Self’ makes for a gnarly post-punk ghost train of a ride.
This is a Suede record, so there are moments of aching majesty – see the tormented ‘It’s Always The Quiet Ones’, ‘Turn Off Your Brain And Yell’ and the hopelessly devoted ‘What Am I Without You’ (which sees Anderson giving himself to his fans) – but, all in all, ‘Autofiction’ finds the indie greats getting back in the garage to make a racket. This is a band with a lust for life.
Details
Release date: September 16
Record label: BMG

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/suede ... opDXnHwHLo
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2022
ALBUM REVIEW: SUEDE – AUTOFICTION
PAUL BROWN DISCOVERS AN ALBUM OF SKY-SCRAPING ROCK COMPOSITIONS FROM THE ICONIC BAND
BY PAUL BROWN ON THURSDAY,
BMG
Released: 16.09.22
The nostalgia reunion circuit sure has been one of rock’s guiltiest pleasures these last couple of decades. None of us will say no to dancing in a field in July, can in hand, to our favourite band playing the hits from 30 years ago, but I’ll maintain to my dying day that it’s cheating if they don’t also make new music. And therein is our problem, dear reader – the new music so often is just not as good and frequently serves as an unwelcome reminder of why a band split in the first place. Which is why I was particularly nervous when my beloved Suede returned with new music in 2013, having meekly limped off stage ten years earlier following the underwhelming A New Morning, and its less likeable predecessor Head Music.

Joyously though, comeback album Bloodsports was the sound of a band revitalised by nearly 10 years apart, and they’ve subsequently kept getting stronger, with each post-reformation record enhancing the back catalogue rather than chipping away at the legacy. Autofiction has been positioned as Suede’s ‘five blokes in a room, going back to basics’ album, which is true to the extent that it’s rich in urgency and energy, probably more so than anything they’ve produced since Coming Up. It’s also an impeccably melodic record, and beautifully captured for all the talk of rawness surrounding it. Brett Anderson’s voice has always been a massive part of Suede’s sound, and the decades have seen it mature (almost) as gracefully as Bowie’s.

For decades, when they’ve got it right, Suede’s brilliance has lain in capturing the grit and grime of the world and presenting it all back to us to savour via the medium of sky-scraping rock compositions. And they’ve nailed it wonderfully again on Autofiction, which is never better than in those moments when Anderson is hurtling at full throttle, foot on the monitor, like he does on Personality Disorder and 15 Again. Indeed, towards the middle of the record, he proudly exclaims, “That boy on the stage, well he can’t control it”. And long may that continue.
https://narcmagazine.com/album-review-s ... FnIjpC-kYE
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Sep 15, 2022
Suede
Autofiction
BMG
By Dom Gourlay
Suede have pulled off arguably the most successful reformation and comeback in recent years. The band opted to call it a day after their fifth album, 2002’s A New Morning didn’t meet expectations, but then they regrouped seven years later for some live shows and, soon after, 2013’s comeback album, Bloodsports. It’s a move that hasn’t just paid dividends, but has also cemented their status as one of the most consistent bands from the past 25 years, while also introducing them to a new audience in the process.

Autofiction—their fourth album since getting back together (and ninth album overall)—more than lives up to the standards set by its predecessors. Already described in interviews by vocalist and songwriter-in-chief Brett Anderson as the band’s punk record, Autofiction represents a vast departure musically from Suede’s last record, 2018’s The Blue Hour. Yet at the same time, it easily identifies as a Suede album.

Recorded at London’s Konk Studios with long time cohort Ed Buller on production duties, Autofiction is as live and direct as a Suede record gets. Indeed, this back-to-basics approach works wonders in terms of the album’s flow. The album opens with the guttural post-punk of “She Leads Me On,” a kindred spirit of Joy Division/New Order’s “Ceremony” sonically. The equally boisterous “Personality Disorder” and “15 Again” follow suit, while “The Only Way I Can Love You” and “That Boy on the Stage” continues Autofiction’s autobiographical context.

The piano-led “Drive Myself Home” at the album’s midpoint is perhaps the most obvious Suede sounding song on the record for those familiar with the band’s extensive back catalogue. But it’s towards the tail end of Autofiction when the record gathers momentum once more, particularly on “It’s Always the Quiet Ones”—which is reminiscent of Night Time-era Killing Joke—and closing couplet “What Am I Without You?” and “Turn Off Your Brain and Yell.” The latter’s grandiose statement of intent almost certainly assures Autofiction’s presence in the upper echelons of 2022’s “Best Of” lists. (www.suede.co.uk)

Author rating: 8/10
https://www.undertheradarmag.com/review ... WoZAXXE-5E