How did you get into Suede?

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!

Hi, I'm a Suede fan and I'm from the class of...:

Suede
53%
Dog Man Star
9%
Coming Up
25%
Sci-Fi Lullabies
No votes
Head Music
3%
A New Morning
No votes
Singles
No votes
The Tears
3%
Brett solo
6%
Bernard solo
No votes

Total votes: 32

SoGone
Flight attendant

Re: How did you get into Suede?

Post by SoGone »

See, I put the Manics in the same category as the Cocteaus; at least with Suede, one gets the sense that the words are being sung in a documented language. :wink:
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

haha yeah!!! 8) :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...not that I don't love the Manics, mind you, just telling it like it is. :D
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah - well I love them too but I literally have to read the lyrics book to find out what he's actually singing because whole songs I don't understand - found The Holy Bible to be one of the worst albums for this - i'd be sitting there reading it and thinking "oh, so THAT'S what he was singing!!!" :shock: I hadn't a clue!!!! :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Oh, definitely! Usually I try to listen to bands without the lyric sheet for a while, but with the Manics, I turned to the booklet from the first few bars.

...but once you know the words, it's almost amazing how easy it is to hear them when you know what the "right" words are.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah lol - very true - I can hear every word clearly when I've got the lyrics booklet in front of me but even now I still sometimes get caught out without it!!!! I remember in the Pulp lyric books it actually says "please do not read the lyrics while listening to the songs" ......... :lol: 8)
flow23

Post by flow23 »

SoGone wrote:Oh, definitely! Usually I try to listen to bands without the lyric sheet for a while, but with the Manics, I turned to the booklet from the first few bars.

...but once you know the words, it's almost amazing how easy it is to hear them when you know what the "right" words are.

absolutely! hahaha!