How did you get into Suede?

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!

Hi, I'm a Suede fan and I'm from the class of...:

Suede
53%
Dog Man Star
9%
Coming Up
25%
Sci-Fi Lullabies
No votes
Head Music
3%
A New Morning
No votes
Singles
No votes
The Tears
3%
Brett solo
6%
Bernard solo
No votes

Total votes: 32

mark
Flight attendant

Re: How did you get into Suede?

Post by mark »

sounds too good kats_d!!! jealous - i guess i can always move to London and try and steal a kiss off Brett - no i'm too much of a lad for that... :? :? sometimes!!
kats_d

Post by kats_d »

mark wrote:sounds too good kats_d!!! jealous - i guess i can always move to London and try and steal a kiss off Brett - no i'm too much of a lad for that... :? :? sometimes!!
Oh, I don't know, Mark, he's a married man now... :( :wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

but remember he's still a "bisexual man that's never had a homosexual experience!" lol!!!! very much misquoted of course!!! he's not my type anyway!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

sure, mark :mrgreen:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I mean it...! :oops:

Never been into fancying my idols lol!!!
Painted Person

Post by Painted Person »

Brett is my number one on my laminated 'permitted shag list', I can't remember who my husand has on his...probably Gillian Anderson :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

"The Truth Is Out There" PP!!!!!!! :lol: You have a permitted shag list?? - like the sound of that!!! :D :D :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

oh c'mon sun!!! I bet there are plenty of people u can think of that you'd like to shag???!!!! :lol: :shock: :wink: :wink:
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

plenty? :shock:

he thinks of or who think of him? :mrgreen:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

well i was talking about who he thinks of but maybe both - who knows???!
sweeney

Post by sweeney »

Back in the early nineties I can remember the was a lot of press coverage and i just picked on the buzz. I'd always been a huge Bowie fan and I guess I picked up a similar vibe. Then came the whole Brit pop thing and the rest (as they say) is history. The first single I bought was metal mickey and since then I've bought pretty much everything.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...there was a time when I read music criticism online. That was when I was unconcerned about being terminally boring and having nothing even resembling a life or a personality. I read reviews on RateYourMuisic and Allmusic and Amazon and other sites for no particular reason.

Oh right, back to Suede....I found that it's more reliable to find someone whose opinions are opposed to yours, as opposed to finding someone who you tend to agree with...I got so many crappy recommendations from people I only listened to because we had a shared interest in Bob Dylan or the Sex Pistols...

This one guy slagged off the Smiths, the Jesus and Mary Chain, the Stone Roses, all Britpop save the occasional Blur and Oasis tracks, and more than anyone else, Suede.

So I knew I had to check them out.

I started with the debut, heard them all in order, got into the Tears, Bernard and Brett solo (though nothing comes close to Suede, imo, a few odd tracks aside), and now I'm at the point where I'm scouting out singles with B-sides not on Sci-Fi Lullabies, and crummy compilations like the Help! project with Shipbuilding.

Obsessions, it's like sex...it's simple and complex.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

cool!! nice to know you choose your music based on what other people hate lol!!!! That's actually quite a good system - like u whenever someone recommends something and goes on about it i'm like :roll: when I finally get to hear it 9 times out of 10!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote: whenever someone recommends something and goes on about it i'm like :roll: when I finally get to hear it 9 times out of 10!!!!
I know! It's awful...and then you end up wondering: did the hype kill the excitement, or do I just have really odd taste in music?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!