club 100- 20th March 2010

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: club 100- 20th March 2010

Post by mark »

i meant who played harmonica on obsessions during this live performance??? !!

or are you telling me mr lee popped in for a guest appearance???!!! - if so cool.....!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

vision 2000 - that's twice as many suede shows as i've see!! - i was a late starter on the gig scene lol!!!! - and I only went to local shows - v99 was as far afield as i went at that time!!!...!! and now the furthest is london lol!!!!
Vision2000

Post by Vision2000 »

Ah... you were a late starter perhaps, but you can still catch up on Mr. Anderson shows maybe ?

In 1995, I was, let me think, 16, quick starter, but also fast ender, cause after 1999 I haven't seen one single show by Suede, even though they played in Amsterdam just before they split up. Also I haven't seen one Brett show, even though he played in Amsterdam and in Utrecht.

I guess with my age and my longing for quiet places, I lost most appetite for noisy venues, with masses of people and flashing lights.

Though if he ever plays in my town I might go ;)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

seen suede twice, brett twice, tears once....!!
Vision2000

Post by Vision2000 »

Ah, you win ;)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i'll tell you more after the swim
Attachments
IMG_5477.jpg
IMG_5477.jpg (28.98 KiB) Viewed 13152 times
IMG_5440.jpg
IMG_5440.jpg (48.35 KiB) Viewed 13152 times
IMG_5487.jpg
IMG_5487.jpg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 13152 times
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

neil on harmonica huh??? cool!!! :D :D 8)

btw - your swim is more important than Suede??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by some albino »

Oh my god, time stood still. Neil looks like Brett's twin brother! More handsome than ever. They all seemed to be hard working.

Thanks for the reports & pictures Sunshine. Naughty boy, you took the middle of the stage! :wink:

I held my hand before the set list. I don't want to know it until Wednesday, lol.

Mark, be sure you get some sleep now... or you will be exhausted on Wednesday...
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

Hehe happy birthday Mark!

Thanks for posting the setlist and photos José. Am sorry I missed it (although I've been laid up with flu all weekend anyway even if I had a ticket) but really looking forward to Wednesday!

Gareth.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

body full of adrenaline... I feel like the first time I saw them in 1995!

OK, some more bits. I was surrounded by the girls (who had never seen suede before, but are quite used to brett) and mark (who had never seen any live and flew from Miami just for last night!)... so it felt lovely to see their reaction and faces.
I bought the first t-shirt of the night from old David who was trying to sell me the one for the opposite sex instead of me pointing out that it was very small!! Bless!
I was lucky to find my spot with a pillar behind, so I could be myself in the gig...
Brett's voice was at his top... and he enjoyed a lot the interaction with the audience. But the stage was so narrow (quite wide) that he got tangled a few times with the mic swinging!
Mat was loving it too and his bass player technique is still immaculate.
Simon, well, he has not been out of practice, has he?
Richard did an excellent performance although some times he seemed to be scared of the mad reaction from the public. He did not have a mic as he used to have in the past.
Neil was multi tasking: keyboard, guitars, armonica, back vocals... and looked the same as 10 years ago! He was not smoking though when he was doing nothing! (Thanks God for the new acts forbidding that!)
Rob in the soundcheck, Mark taking care of most of the instruments and the guy in charge of Rich's guitars (I cannot think of his name now!) did well too.
Vanessa, a bit nervous at the beginning, but really happy at the end!

Bring on Wednesday!
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Sounds like a great night, looking forward to Manchester.
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

sunshine wrote:What a lovely birthday present... just back from a sweety gig with ears still buzzing.

They played:
She, trash, Filmstar, Animal Nitrate, Heroine, Pantomime Horse, KIlling of a Flashboy, Obsessions, Can't Get Enough, Everything Will Flow, She's in Fashion, The Living Dead (brett solo guitar), The Asphalt World (half, no last part), So Young, Metal Mickey, The Wild Ones, New Generation, Beautiful Ones
Encore: Saturday Night.

It was a bit like the old days... the queueing... mat coming in and being so nice... then lots of old familiar faces from the technicians, david barnett selling the t-shirts... a very enthusiastic support band

brett loved it and jumped to the audience several times. mat was loving it too, and simon. neil was still like the china vase fragile and about to break... and rich made a perfect performance (however, I felt sometimes he looked a bit sad... need to think about this one)

Photos to come soon
can't add anything to that (well just can't really talk about the old days))

just came home, so ecxuse me I'm not writing very much
lazarus

Post by lazarus »

Hello, did anybody record this ?
In our lifetime those who kill, the newsworld hands them stardom
Brettspiel
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by Brettspiel »

disco bunny wrote:
can't add anything to that (well just can't really talk about the old days))

just came home, so ecxuse me I'm not writing very much
similar here... I would have lots to add (my distracted and confused and over-whelmed thoughts :roll: ), but not now, I think...

it was an experience one-in-a-million... that for now. I'll come back with more!

love to sun, disco, Tracy, mike and the band of course for THAT night!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

photo editor was taking lotsof pics and some man was "videoing" it